Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-18-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
Just wondering if you are still planning on doing spring training and some boarding this year out in AZ. Keith and i were talking about it last night and we were talking about doing spring training (again)
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
As a matter of fact we are. We're checking in Wed March 17th, checking out Sun Mar 21. 4 nights at La Quinta, the closest hotel next to the ballpark(you saw the pictures from last year). We booked an extra room as usual for anyone that wants it at $146/night. If that sounds high it's because during spring training they can pretty much name their price--especially if you're across the street from the park. If you split it with a friend it's not so bad. It includes breakfast. Ton of great places to eat within walking distance. You never have to hop in your car unless you want to go dirt bike riding or wakeboarding. We get into the games for free, we may be able to secure a couple more passes as well(especially if there's a free food/beer bribe).
The schedule is:
March 17 Giants at 1:05pm, party after.
March 18 Wakeboarding or whatever.
March 19 Brewers at 7:05 pm, whatever in a.m.
March 20 Diamondbacks at 1:05pm, party after.
March 21 Recover from partying, check out.

Pics from last year to stoke the fires
View from hotel room

View of hotel from home plate

Games vs Cubs & Angels

Thomas Bugg's ride

Bugg & Cooper going off

Lake Pleasant living up to its name

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-18-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Oh that's right i might have to bring my bike and my board I'll let you know what's up. Is Tom still out there or did he get sent off to Iraq or something like that?
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-18-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Hi Mike.:-)
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
He's still there--I see his posts occasionally.
If for some reason he's not in town when we are there are probably others we can connect with. Tom and Mike Cooper are the only ones from Phoenix that I've met and they're are extremely cool and gracious.

Hi Paula. Haven't ridden since I went out with you and Robert. Heard your rotator cuff is bothering you a bit. Take care of it--those things can be a major nuisance!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-18-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
That's cool, Mike. I'm headed down to Tucson to catch the Cubs for certain. No boarding though, but lots of golf and poker!
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2004, 9:37 PM Reply   
Paul, I may not board at all. My main priority is baseball followed by good food & drink.