Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-29-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
Did anyone go? Just wondering what happened to Dowdy at semi's? Seemed like he was riding really well until then. Looks like Shota is doing some work this year as well beating out out Phil. Wondering what his run was like.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       04-29-2013, 1:19 PM Reply   
Pretty bad head wind all day Sunday. Even looked like the wake sk8ers were having trouble, but Dowdy popped the handle on a back 7 I believe. He killed it all weekend and still set history with the wake to wake double flip so props to him on that. I think as the season picks up this kid is going to kill it. Honestly think it'll be a shoot out between Dowdy, Harley, and Phil. I'm tempted to throw Rusty in there too but man these kids are just killin it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
I was surprised to see that he didn't make it through heat 4. But we have to remember that it's his first year riding pro, competing against guys that have more experience. That water looked terrible too. Some guys are able to put it down in rough water. I love watching Shota ride. I'm happy that he did well.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-29-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
Too bad you can't watch it on TV anywhere. I'd kill for a wakeboarding channel.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-29-2013, 3:12 PM Reply   
Harley's right back to where he left off last season- winning.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-29-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
Shota is big time... He lives and rides with Harley
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-29-2013, 6:51 PM Reply   
Phil fell on both of his semi runs so he was out quick. Shota and Harley killed it. Harley threw a double tantrum just for the hell of it for his second finals run. I thought Dowdy was going to do way better then expected, like Dave said he fell on a back 7 in both of his runs. I really wanted him to do good in his first run so he would throw and double in his second but he fell on both which sucked. Dowdy had all the good tricks that Phil and Harley had he just fell.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-29-2013, 8:16 PM Reply   
We're Harley and Dean that much better than everyone else in the final or did everyone else fall in their runs?

Harley Clifford 95.00
Dean Smith 85.00
Shota Tezuka 55.00
Phil Soven 52.50
Danny Harf 50.00
Jefferson Langley 40.00

How did Danny look? Any new tricks from him?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-30-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
If I can remember correctly everyone else fell in there runs. Danny rode extremely well for not having been on the top lately. I don't know many of the tricks really but I would say he had a few heavy ones in his run. Harley killed it and had all the awesome tech tricks along with the big spins. Dean just didn't have some of the tech tricks Harley had.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-30-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
There's a serious Dowdy bandwagon going on. Everyone seems to think he's just gonna come right in and dominate the pro tour. Competition and freeriding are two different things, and Dowdy learned that the hard way on Sunday. He fell on a back 7, took another run, and fell on it again. Making semis in your first pro comp is pretty damn impressive, but still, welcome to the pro tour. Y'all are kidding yourselves if you think Dowdy's taking the title this year.

As for the finals, yes, it was an easy win for Harley. Everyone was falling. Even Phil. Harley's run was flawless. Even if everyone else had stood up, Harley would likely have prevailed. The conditions were windy and ****ty, and it seemed to phase everyone but Dean and Harley.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-30-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
"[QUOTE=TheHebrewHammer;1819558]There's a serious Dowdy bandwagon going on"

I'm on it. That kid rips.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-30-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
No video still?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-30-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
There is a vid of Harley's run up.
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       04-30-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
ya the video of harleys winning run shows how rough it was there