Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-20-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
Goin to mission bay in October and am looking of a hotel in the mission bay area. Looking at the Bahia resort, and Dana inn. Interested in being close to the ocean, and well within walking distance to some eatin and drinkin spots. Looking at places that are not going to kill the wallet. Any places any of you can recomend would be great. Just don't want to book in what looked like a great place on the inernet and show up and have it be a turd.!
Old    trickskisrock            08-20-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
Check out The Beach Cottages. For the money, its the best place in Mission Beach. Right on the boardwalk. Walk out of your room onto the beach. No pool or anything like that but you're right on the beach so why'd you need one. I tell all my friends to stay here and none of them have ever complained. Within walking distance of the PB bars and restaurants. If you want to stay at a little nicer hotel, the Bahia and Dana Inn are both really nice. They sit on Mission Bay, not the ocean, but both have beautiful views. The Bahia's about 2-3 blocks from beach and Mission Beach roller coaster. The Dana Inn is just a little farther away, but still only a few minute walk from the beach.
hope it helps.

The Beach Cottages
858 483 7440

Address:
4255 Ocean Blvd.
San Diego, CA
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-20-2003, 5:13 PM Reply   
http://www.crystalpier.com/
Always wanted to try this place......but when I lived in San Diego, why pay for additional housing.
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-21-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
andrew, i have no idea what their summer rates are, but i stayed at the pacific terrace this past new year's eve. it was a great room (huge) and really nice. offseason price for 1 king was about $119. i'd expect it to be higher for the summer, but you might find a good deal. it's located a little further north of the mission beach/bay area, in an area generally considered to be nicer.

they're at www.pacificterrace.com.

also, check out www.best-san-diego-hotels.com