Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    tyerone44            08-24-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
i've got a prostar 190 it is leaking on each end of my silent master. I had bought marine-tex to patch it.it worked for about a day, as soon as i wanted to go full throtle, it started to leak out water again. not only that but the other side busted also. it is just a hair line slice about 4 inches on one side and 1 inch on the other. I have no clue what to do now. please help
Old    tyerone44            08-24-2003, 6:43 PM Reply   
has this happen to anyone else, is there anyone out there
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-25-2003, 10:19 AM Reply   
Yup where the end caps connect to the main tube. I tried to fix w 2 part epoxy and it failed so I ordered 2 new mufflers from www.skidim. They arrived in 3 days.
Old    colin_w            08-25-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
That happened to mine too. You have three options:

1. Fix it yourself with fiberglass (both resin and weaved mat). All of those patch products sold at marine/auto stores won't be strong enough.

2. Take it to a local fiberglass/boat repair shop to have it repaired.

3. Buy a new one.
Old    tyerone44            08-25-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
the water coming out was reeally hot too is there anything wrong with that or os that normal. thanks alot for the help everyone
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-25-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
The water would be at least 165 degrees, that would seem hot to the touch, but normal for the engine.
Old    tyerone44            08-25-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
I'm going to have the fiberglass repaired and hopefully that will fix it. thanks for the help i thought that it was the water pump not doing its job. I appreciate all the help. does anyone know how much that will cost?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-25-2003, 7:38 PM Reply   
i had a similar problem with my Vdrive, which was CAUSED by the impeller going out. the lack of water to cool the exhaust partially melted my muffler, causing it to leak. check your impeller.

i took the muffler out of the boat, and dropped it off with a fiberglass guy who fixed it for $50. he did an excellent job repairing it; the wall thickness is now probably 3x what is was before, and it looks brand new. i put it back in, no problems since.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-25-2003, 7:40 PM Reply   
oh yeah, and make sure they don't glass the inlet & outlet tubes too much, or it will be difficult / impossible to get the hoses back on. i told my guy not to, but he still built them up a little too much and it made it tough to reinstall.
Old    tyerone44            08-26-2003, 3:55 PM Reply   
thanks alot for the help I am having a hard time getting the impeller out. I can't get the rubber piece out.. Is there a trick to it or something? thanks for the help
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-26-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
spray some lube into it, and turn the motor over a few times.