Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       08-15-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Planning to head up to Berryessa this weekend. How how has the water level been? Any been there is the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping its not going to be too windy and that there is still some water there.
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-15-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
I was there wednesday morning, it was good for me...Water was 81 degrees, level was low compared to a few years ago but nothing dangerous. Some places i was riding was 40, 60 100+ deep...
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       08-15-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Was out there Thursday...Great riding conditions and almost zero wind but picked up late afternoon. Water levels getting low but like andrew said nothing to worry about. It's probably going to be crazy crowded this weekend!! Be safe!!
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-15-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
I drove by Berryessa two weekends ago. The water was glass mid afternoon and I was surprised at how uncrowded it was. Some regulars said the price of gas was keeping people away in droves.

(Message edited by eaglejackson on August 15, 2008)
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-15-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
I was/am interested in know if it still gets packed w/ people since they did away with the mobile homes and such. we're supposed to head up next weekend.
Old     (morganmac)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-15-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
Last Saturday it was empty. Nice weather; lake level is lower, but not low (compared to the rest of Northern California lakes and reservoirs).

Don't know if it is gas or the 3 marinas/resorts that are closed.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       08-15-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
price of gas?? that's why you invite as many people as you can anyone know of any "secret spots" to launch besides the only two remaining resorts-steele park and markley cove??
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-15-2008, 10:25 PM Reply   
Lake is about 20' lower then normal. I ride there on a regular basis and the conditions are great early and late. The lake does seem less crowded then usual. However, after 10 there are still enough tubers to kill it.
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       08-17-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
Just got back today. The lake is lower than I have seen it. There were not a lot of people out there. Probably because of the closed marinas. Drove in and anchored in the Putah Creek Marina. it was calm with no wind and quiet. It is now closed down. Very strange feeling. Everything boarded up and the docks are empty. Pretty soon there will only be one ramp near Pleasure Cove to launch until they can figure out all the lease issues. Anyway lake was nice. Windy in the late afternoon as usual but nice water in the a.m. and early afternoon. Still plenty of lake.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       08-18-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
was out there sat morning too. got in some good sets in the a.m. b4 i had to work. yeah, it wasn't crowded at all, espec on the north end. wind did pick up like crazy though after noon. yes, pray for a soggy wet winter!
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-18-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
UploadUpload

Nice very nice
Old     (braap13)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-18-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Just got back, the lake is low but still very much usable. It was freakin windy though! No good water to be had at all. In the main part of the lake we were talking whitecaps 2-3 foot waves.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Everytime I go to Berryessa, I'm not expecting to ride any good water at all. I go to let the kids swim and hangout with the family. Not a riders choice IMO. But the lake serves a purpose.
Old    Ben Kerran            08-19-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
Waylon- What up Bro? How is the knee? We'll be up at Berryessa for Labor day. Planning on getting up there early on Friday for some riding before all the nuts come on the weekend. Let me know if you will be around Friday, I know you are close
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
Ben, what's up! Thanks for the pulls again. We'll hook up soon, I got your digits locked. My knee is better each week. For sure let's ride! I'll call you up soon.