Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-05-2006, 11:05 PM Reply   
hey guys im looking for a new sanger because my '85 keaton is getting a little old and just doesnt throw up the best wake haha. i want to order the boat so i can get everything i want on it and im wondering if anyone can give me an estimate on what the turn around for ordering a boat would be. is it better to go straight through sanger or through a dealer? i live in sacramento and im wondering what the best dealer in my area is. ive heard that the one in rancho is not good but ive heard great things about delta sport in antioch. whos got input?
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-05-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
The guys at Delta are great to work with. Give Jody a call and he can help you with all your questions.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-06-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Calvin,

You can give Delta a call direct or I can quote you a price. I will check the inventory list on what is in the yard if you send me what you want in a boat I will see what we have available for imediate delivery or you can order it and its about 6 weeks delivery give or take. Ordering direct from Sanger is not possible.
Old    wakestyle            07-06-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
Yea, Delta Sport Boats is a good place. I liked Leonard a lot too.

Central Valley Marine is another good place. They took good care of me as well.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-06-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Try Tracy boat sales, Sanger and Supreme dealership
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
thanks everyone for your help. Gary, i actually already called Delta to ask about what boats they had in stock and they had the stuff i wanted but not the right colors and for me thats pretty important since im gonna throw down somewhere around 50 grand i might as well get the color i want. 6 weeks eh? i guess thats to be expected.
Old    wakestyle            07-06-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Calvin, yea 6 weeks is the norm for Sanger, they make that baby for you from the ground up. It's a very nice feeling, knowing that they boat they are building right at that time is yours.

The thing to do is get your model, options, color, and graphics all down by January, then attend a boat show or two (out here we hit up the Alameda Fairgrounds show) and get a good show deal with some extras. Order it then so that by April you can receive delivery and start putting hours on it, so that by June you can be boarding with full ballast. S'what we did last year with ours.

You won't be dissapointed. The absolute hardest part is waiting that 6 loooooooooong weeks. I swear time slows down 2-1 in that time frame.

Good luck man!
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
haha maybe ill get lucky and find the one i want without having to order it. then i wont have to wait. that would be nice.
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-06-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
Calvin...is your Keaton a jet or direct drive? I know somebody who might be in the market for a Keaton if you intend to sell yours.

Sangeria
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
sangeria, its a direct drive. last year they ever made em. but im definitely not selling it. we are just trying to get a more practical wakeboarding boat.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-06-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
Calvin, we live in Sacramento too and own a Sanger that we bought from the Pleasanton boat show. CV Marine was our dealer. Delta is a great shop with great people and much closer than CV (San Jose). When you need service or warranty work, whatever you do, DO NOT take it to the local shop. Take it back to Delta. That's what we do.

Good luck and be sure to post pics when your Pride and Joy arrives.