Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-08-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Hi all:

In the past I seem to remember that there were a few Wakeworld peeps that were HVAC guys.

We're going to replace our house's HVAC system and have gotten a few quotes but they are WAY different from each other, and wanted to get some ideas of what you thought, or get you out to do your own quotes.

House is single level, 1858 sq ft, located in Concord, CA.

If you cut me a deal I'll give you pulls for a year when we go out to the delta!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-08-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
Sent you a pm with my number, a good friend of mine owns a refrigeration company and I can get you all the components at cost if you want to install it yourself. I did my house and it was realatively easy. Installed it all in one weekend!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Jason Buffalow is in the business and I think he's based out of the Modesto area.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-09-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
We replaced ours last year and spent $2800 for a 13 seer Payne (off brand from Carrier). That included the outside condenser as well as a custom plenum inside. Perhaps a reason for the difference in quotes is that some AC repairmen will insist on replacing the furnace as well saying that it's all one system and everything must match. This isn't exactly the case. The guy who did ours is a wakeboard buddy of mine and he told me that furnaces last forever, so you really don't need to replace them. Instead, he modified the new plenum to fit with my existing furnace.

I can tell you that depending on how old your existing system is replacing it could possibly pay for itself in a couple of years. Our old system was a 10 seer and to cool our 2100 sqft house it cost as much as $400 per month on our electric bill. This summer our most expensive electric bill was $259, and that's in the hot Texas heat with temps 100 + all summer long.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-09-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
My step dad owns R.H. Tinney INC. They don't typically do residential, but with the hold up in commercial building I'm sure they'll entertain the idea. I did a bunch of residential jobs for them when I worked there (doing full condo complexes). My only advice is to make sure you get somebody that is experienced. There are a lot of fly by nights that will gladly hook you up cheap. You want the correctly sized equipment, wired and installed to code.

(925) 373-6101 or www.rhtinney.com

Talk to Patrick or Bob. Tell them I sent you.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Hey Eric,

I don't do residential, but I definitely can help. I got a few bros that own HVAC businesses in that area that specialize in residential. Hit me up personally if you still need help.