Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-14-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
everything is "working", but I am having some annoying issues with the automatic ballast. Bertha ballast, what is Bertha ballast anyway? The issues are: bags leaking, but don't know where. This is primarily my center sac. I fill it up to start, then I have to check it as the day goes on and refill it. I've pulled it out of the boat and didn't find any leaks so maybe its leaking thru the drain line? Then the other problem I'm having is that my center sac fills when I fill my left side. Then I guess the last annoyance is a lot of air gets in my bags. anyway to fix this?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
anybody got any ideas why the center sac fills when the I switch the left sac fill switch?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-26-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
boat info would help the experts in these forums.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-27-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Ok quick search and unless you have a new boat we are talking about a supra. So you have all your fat sacs should have quick disconnects.

First issue is the leak. pull the sac out, fill it with air and either get the fly high plugs or something to plug all the holes where your ballast connects. Now get a water bottle full of water a soap and spray the bag down to see where the air is escaping (the area that bubbles).

Next if it is the bag get it patched and fixed. If it is the fittings then either get a new one with a better seal as it may be worn out or silicon it.

Once the leak is fixed the trick I used to get the air out of sacs is drain the ballast completely and disconnect one of the hoses. Take a air pump that has reverse to deflate the bag then hook up the hose again. That seemed to work best for me when I was dealing with that issue.

The wiring seemed to come messed up like that even on the new 07 and 08 Supra. If it bugs you, you can just switch wiring around.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
03 supra launch

checked for leaks in the sac and found none. Fittings on sacs should be good, but I need to check the connects that came with the boat. still losing water, but main problem is center sac filling when left ballast switch is on. any ideas?