Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-19-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
If I take out the center fin of my LF Brigade will it be slower? I hear everywhere that fins = speed, If I have the two fins instead of 3 will it make a difference?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-20-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
bump
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       07-20-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Not familier with that board but, not all tri-fins are Thrusters. Thrusters do not thrust without a center fin.
Fins do not = speed, Fins = Drive. Drive = Speed. In other words, to make them work, you have to work them.
The placement and angle is vital. If not correct they are a major liability when it comes to working... or not. Boards that go fast just standing there, usually max out at a lower speed than boards that thrust. Especially in small waves. The fastest combine the two. This is why you do not see most pro surfers ride twins even in small wave contest. Been working with quads but so far have not found the configuration that works at the speeds we wake surf....YET. They seem to come to life at around 15 mph, but unfortunatly we loose our wake at that speed. When the boat wakes get bigger, and they will, we will see more quads.
No wind here today, finally, be shredding in 15 min. Hope this helps.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-20-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
Does that mean I should try it or leave it in?
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       07-20-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
whatever you prefer
Old    surfdad            07-20-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Try it, you probably won't notice a significant speed difference on the LF Brigade. The one thing you'll notice is that the tail of the board will feel "looser". If you don't like it, be sure to bring a screwdriver and the fin with you on the boat...quick fix.