Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (biggris79)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-23-2009, 4:37 AM Reply   
what does everyone think of the x-45 wake and the way the boat drives and the setup im looking at this boat any feed back about this boat would be great the good and bad
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
Robert, I have exclusively ridden behind an x-45 for the past 4 years. My parents bought it the year they came out. The boat is great, handles like a smaller boat, and rides great in big chop. The wake is great, not as aggressive as the x-star. Its an all around great boat that can throw a great wake either surfing or boarding. There is also plenty of storage and more than enough room for people. We have had up to 12 people at a time on the boat and were comfortable. However, there is a one drawback. The boat is so large and heavy that if you want to add weight, besides the stock balast, you really need the L18 or LY6. I would opt for the L18. Change the prop, and your set. Currently, I have the stock balast, adjust the trim plate, and have no more than 2 people in the boat and 1 riding and the wake is perfect. Once we start messing with extra weight it takes a while to get to plane. If we have too much weight it won't plane out at all. But, what I say doesn't matter. You need to get out and test drive one. Just hit me up if you have any other specific questions.
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-23-2009, 6:27 AM Reply   
If you like to unexpectedly get soaked during the ride, sit in the bow.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
Why would you say that julianne, did your Tige ballast burst or spring a leak?
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       07-23-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
let me get popcorn. This should be good!
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
LMAO!! Classic response Snork. I love a good belly laugh in the morning. Tige's don't NEED ballast! Remember? LOL
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-23-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
I run an 07 X45 with LY6 14x14 prop with 1000lbs gear, 1000lbs factory ballast, 500 in nose with steel weights and 2 400's either side of the engine, trim tab 3/4 down. Love that wake. I have hydraulic steering which helps the maneuverability of this big boat alot. With this weight I have to run a minimum of around 24.5 mph to get a nice clean wake. For slower riders I have to drop some weight ,however, the 500 stays in the nose no matter what, I feel like this helps take some of the steepness of the wake and makes it rampier.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-23-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
Im a mastercraft gy for life but why pend the extra $$$ on such a big boat when you could get the best wakeboard boat in the world... XSTAR
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-23-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
All the stars I looked at were more expensive than my loaded 45. I thought they were priced pretty close together, maybe my memory is failing me does anyone know for sure?
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-23-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
Brett- when my parents got the 45, it was cheaper or right at the same cost of the x-30. So, it is a lot of boat for the money.

Julianne- that does happen when you have a bad/rookie mc driver. All of the pickle fork MC do that if you dont drive it right.
Old     (lion90)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-23-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
Maybe that want more space than an XStar in the cabin area? Maybe they want to do things other than wakeboard, like surf. (Don't tell me that the XStar is the best surf boat in the world).

Anyway, I'll stop. Don't need to put gas on the flame as this is about the X45, not the XStar or any other boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
My buddy has an 07 X45 and I really like it. I actually use to sell mastercrafts and we sold more X45's than Xstars. They are very close in price when equally equipped and unless you are going to do nothing but wakeboard the X45 is a better boat. It holds way more people, it surfs better, it rides better in rough water, the nose doesn't dip as much as the xstar and it has the trim plate which is nice when running in rough water or to help get on plane when weighted. For 9 out of 10 people the X45 is a better choice.

Also, we have had 22 people on my buddies 45 and I think we have only taken water over the bow once or twice and that was going back over a surf wave.

(Message edited by polarbill on July 23, 2009)
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-23-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
rode in one for the 1st time couple weeks ago. I am used to a weighted Malibu 23 and a rampy wake. The x45 with 7 people and full ballast had a wake that curled over on the top and had a very aggressive lip on top. After I while I started to adapt but overall I did not like the lip and will take a steep ramp any day. Was also suprised that such a big boat did not have as much room in it as I thought, except for the bow area. Also I thought the step area in the back seat was wasted space. I did like the wrap around back rest behind the driver though.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
If you want a bigger boat than a star, but still a great wake go with the X-35... it feels as big as the 45 but the wake is much better
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-23-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Tom.... either that boat wasn't weighted correctly, or you were going to slow. The X45 has a great wake when set up correctly.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-23-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
Why dont you just get the X-500 it is a 500ft pickle fork with 800lbs of ballast? I would go for an X-55 that way you can take a crap in between sets.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
^^^The X-55 has such a big wake its just scares the crap out of ya, gotta have a toilet or then it may be the cost of the X-55
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-24-2009, 5:03 AM Reply   
Tom, It probably wasn't set up right. Even just lowering the trim tab will get rid of that lip and the steepness.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-24-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Yeah we got one and love it. We were between the star and the 45. Both were very close in price. I would definitely get the LY 6, i have heard that the LY18 has had some problems but im not really sure what so dont quote me on that just look into it. But yeah we considered the star but decided on the 45 for the extra room and that we are not real intense wakeboarders........yet! The wake in my opinion is great. The people tom was with must not have had it set up right. Any time i get some curl on the wake i just adjust the tab. we usually run stock full, two 500s in the ski lockers, Trim at 50% at 24.2. I know that sounds like too much weight in the back but i usually ride with a big crew so the extra people sit up front to compensate until i get some sacks to fit up front. We also ride on a big lake so its nice when your in the chop. Oh and the surf wake is fun too. For us this boat is perfect. It was my dads purchase and I know he is more than pleased.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
X-45 is a great all around boat unless it comes with a Cash Reward then it probably sucks
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-24-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
its guess it has a pretty solid surf wake, dunno about boarding