Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
Where is everyone getting their replacement yellow impellers for the jabsco water puppy? Which one did you get? There are quite a few options, and was wondering what everyone else's experience has been.
Thanks.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
Get them from Mastercraft and I was quoted something like $12 per impeller when I called the local dealership here in AZ.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-31-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
Our mastercraft dealer sells them over here in AZ. I think there about $20 a piece.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-31-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
Got mine from the local MasterCraft dealer. They're a little pricey, but well worth it, especially when you forget to turn off a pump for a while...
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
Yes the solve the binding problem. But they also have less suction power/are slower than the black ones, something to consider if you have piggy backed on your stock system for additional bags. We currently run yellow ones for back but black for belly/bow.
Old    svfara            08-01-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
I switched to the yellow impeller and ended up stripping the inner hub (it's some composite material as opposed to metal on the black versions)
It worked great for a week anyway.

So I'm back to the black one for now...
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
what about the blue ones?
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-02-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I've got the blue ones in my boat.
No problems and the fill speed seems to be about the same or even faster than the black ones because they work.
The dealer I got mine through said the yellow ones are for solvents and the blue one for water.
Old    K.B.C.            08-02-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I switched to the yellow this year and have had no problems. They work much better than the black ones. Those use to bind up on me all of the time. When I switched them out I also lubed them with a bunch of petroleum jelly. Haven't noticed much of a slow down in fill times.
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-02-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
One other thing to consider. The 1 way flow valves (not sure of the "correct" name) should be checked for backflow.

I noticed that it was taking longer and longer to fill my ballast, and subsequently, I was frying my impellers. (2002 X-Star)

It dawned on me to plug the water exit holes one day, and wham, the ballast started filling faster.

I found out that all 3 of the plastic 1 way valves were shot, and letting air back into the system.

After a $30 trip to Lowes, I had them replaced and the system is like new.

Dave
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-02-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
local MC dealer
Old    bocephus            08-02-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
Century Marine, Mesa, AZ