Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-29-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
I pre-ordered Global Warning on Blu-Ray a while back directly from them and still have not received the vid. Anyone know when these are shipping? Seems pointless to pre-order if they don't come out any sooner than everyone else receives them.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-29-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
havent got mine either, they will answer here i hope
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Ronnie told me that the Blue Ray is at the replicators right now and they are hoping to have them shipping by the first week of August.

I don't mind waiting a little bit to get the HD version. I have heard awesome things about this movie from some good sources. I can't wait to see it.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-29-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
It allows them to forecast volumes better, as well as gets them funding to expedite the finalizing process. I'd say it's far from pointless.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-29-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Nobody has received them yet. They are still being replicated and should be shipping by the end of the first of August (fingers crossed). Anybody who preordered will receive their copies 2 weeks before shops do.

Thanks to all for their support and patience.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-29-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
although there is somebody on ebay who claims to have 28 copies in stock... that's funny. Maybe I should order from him to ship out to you guys :-)
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-29-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies! You're right, I shouldn't have said "pointless." I just noticed shops online had them for sale and it didn't say they were pre-orders, so I thought they were out in stores already. Thanks again, look forward to seeing it!
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-29-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
I have the standard version and it is an amazing video and will be well worth the wait. It's one of the few Dean Smith sections I have seen and I was pretty blown away. Murray's scene is his best in years and the music fits it perfect. HE just makes everything look so fun. Words can't even begin to describe Rathy's section...
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
UPDATE for those waiting on Blu Ray... We got the test disc back today and all was good. They are printing, as we speak. They assure us that they will be shipping to us by the end of this week... so- anybody who has preordered- or orders before Wednesday- will get their copy a week or 2 before they hit shops or online merchants.

Dave and I thank you all for your support and patience with this on Blu Ray. I hope you all feel it was worth the wait. The quality is sick...
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-04-2009, 2:38 AM Reply   
Thanks Shawn!!!

For sure.. Super stoked on the support and I think you guys will agree the BluRay version is well worth the wait.

A-dub I wish it was that calculated, but fortunately (or unfortunately) funding from VISA is as easy as swiping a card. ;-) Now comes the fun part..

btw - HD premiere down in San Diego this Saturday!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-04-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
I tried to go watch the teaser on gw-movie.com, but it wouldn't work. anyone know where else i can watch it?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-04-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
nevermind. just found it on youtube
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-04-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Where can I preorder the Hi Def version? I need it!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-04-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
You have to put the "WWW." in front of the domain to get the videos to work on the gw-movie.com website.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-04-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
Got my order in. Can't wait to watch this on the 1080P!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-07-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
UPDATE: Bluray has shipped from the plant. All preorders will ship on Monday August 10! WORD.

Hope to see all you SoCal people at the HD premiere in San Diego on Saturday night...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
SWEET! I can't wait to finally get mine!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
Wonder if my order was there in time to be a pre order. Any idea? Haven't seen it in the mail yet.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-17-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Shawn - All the BluRay and Std DVD pre-orders have shipped and we're shipping the regulars orders daily.

Please PM me your mailing info (along with your paypal transaction #) and I will look into it

Thanks!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-18-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Hi Shawn - Glad we got that cleared up and not sure why your original order didn't got through..? We got it now and your BluRay is shipping today!

Thanks again for the support!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
Thanks bud! I appreciate the help. Got to schedule a showing with all my boarding buddies!