Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    djjstylz            10-12-2005, 12:55 AM Reply   
Looking for a boat and a sanger v210 is an option. Does the hump on the sun pad bother anyone? Also have heard people complain about how low they sit in the water. Anyone have issues with how low it sits? Also, is the interior roomy enough? Sounds kinda narrow. I have looked at it in person but didn't have another 6-8 people with me to sit in it. I have heard from enough folks that it throws a great wake so thats nothing to question about.Thanks for any input guys, pictures of your V210's would be great to.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
Jose, as far as the roominess, that is a pretty subjective question. In my opinion, the boat has plenty of room. It definately feels more spacious than my SAN 210. However, there is no noticable difference if you step up to the V215.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
I have a 03 V210 and find it to have enough room for 5-6 people in boat while pulling . Anymore than that becomes a bit crowded . The V210 also fits in most garages where the V215 would not . This is a very popular boat and you would not be sorry for the purchase . I do not have a pic posted .
Old     (tx_cook)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-12-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
We just got our 05 215 in july and have been lovin it. when we test drove it we put in our family plus another and the salesmen making 11 people in the boat COMFORTABLY and room to spare. there is plenty of storage. it sits fair in the water. weve had waves come over the front twice but thats bc my dad wasnt paying attention when turning around after someone fell. if you want pics of sangers go to wakesiderides.com and browse the sanger rides. there are 210s, 215s, and 230s on there. there arent many boats but theres some pics if you wanted to look at em.

Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
That is a sweet 215 ! I have had water come over the bow several times when 2 adults were in the bow and I was back tracking to pick up a rider .
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-12-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
I love mine, been a great boat. If your worried about the hump then get the Black Scorpion.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
unfortunately the new ones with the Scorpion motor still have the hump. I honestly think they did it to push people the way of the 215. The 210 is a sick boat and throws a killer wake.

Charles you boat looks sick without the graphics. Did you ever cut the Neptune Audio graphics for it???
Old     (topside_marine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
How many boarders will you typically have in the boat and where will you operate it? The V210 is a great boat for 4 or 5 and OK for 6 people, more than that becomes painful by the end of a day on the lake or delta.

The V215 is 6 inches wider, 10 inches longer. It is a very noticable difference on the inside of the hull. If you have more than 6 on board the 215 is the way to go. Some also like the added side protection of the taller gunwale (mostly people w/families).

As far as the "hump". I have never heard a single good comment about it. The "350 Mag" motor (stock) has a taller profile intake than the Black Scorpion so the deck was designed with a hump to account for the differnce. Get the Black Scorpion (330 HP)and the hump goes away.

If you are down in San Jose I can show you the difference between the two with them sitting side by side.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
I run a crew of 7 almost everytime we ride, the boat feels empty with a crew 4-5. We do not use the bow because it is too cold here but I do have a jump seat next to the driver. There is plenty of room and storage but wouldn't want to do a day with 8 riders. We run pretty heavy and don't have a problem taking on water when we stop or turn but you do need to know how to drive.

If I had my choice again I would get the flatter deck, I think the hump looks cool but the boards tend to slide off it which can be a pain.

Pretty sure they still do the flatter deck, I was at the factory in June and saw some on the production line with that option.

If have any questions or photo requests let me know.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-12-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
I don't think I've ever been "comfortable" in a modern wakeboat with 11 people and "room to spare", even my buddie's LSV has it's limit, though Malibu claims 14. How many people were less than 60 lbs?

IMO the 215 has a better wake and more room for those 11 kids or "people" to be comfortable.

And no hump!
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-12-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
I love my sanger,I do wish it was a little deeper though.Great wake,plenty of room and a great deal.I run 1700lbs of ballast and dont have any problems with taking on water.I dont have any problems with boards sliding off the humpdeck
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-12-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
That window tint looks great, nice boat!

Why no V215?

P.S. The delta is pretty sweet, 82 degrees and 4 MPH winds this AM= Butterrrrrrrrr!!!!
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-12-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
some say the black scorpion models have no hump, others say it still does. does anyone know for sure if the 210 with a black scorpion motor does not have the hump?
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-12-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
There is still a little bow in the middle, so the deck is not flat, it is more of a slight roll. The 315 has a hump witch they use as an air vent, as seen in Steve's pic. I will get a pic tomorrow from the rear so you can see the differance.

(Message edited by chas on October 12, 2005)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-12-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Machew:I bought the boat the year before the 215 came out.I was on the delta this past saturday and sunday with my brother and Gary with the red 215. We rode paradise saturday,disco on sunday,it was great to be back,went by to quick though.Still repin NOR*CAL out here in AZ.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-12-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
found this one, hope it helps.
Evan,
Thanks.Logo will go on after this winter.
Old    djjstylz            10-12-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
I like the way the boat looks with the scorpion motor, the big hump is just too unatractive to me if I am gonna spend money on a boat. I am worried about how deep the boat is because there will be times I would have to have my girlfriend or brother drive and neither of them have experience driving boats. I have an 18ft bass boat right now that I take out to the delta and have been caught trying to cross the main rivers in some rough water so I know how scary it is to be in a shallow boat with real rough water. Because of parking space I don't think I can look at a 215, wish I could but I just wouldn't have somewhere to park it. I am pretty much looking at a new 210 if the price is right, a used xstar/x2 or used tige 20v. I would much rather have a new 210 but I have to make a decision that would be safe to everyone around me. I think I would actually have to get in V210 in the water to make an actual decision. Thanks for the input guys!
Old    vanski            10-12-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
V210 bro...800lbs in the back and the stock ballast up front and three people will throw a sick wake. If you can live without the bling, this boat will keep you happy. The hump is very slight in nature and is really out of the way on the scorpion engine. The boat handles great and the v210 is Sanger's best wake producing boat. But obviously that opinion is just an opinion. Everyone has their opinion on what is better or worse.
Old    djjstylz            10-12-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
Yeah Charles boat looks great, you could barely notice a hump. I have seen pictures of the 350 and that hump looks big. Still kinda worried about the depth of the boat though.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2005, 9:19 PM Reply   
Jose go to the local dealer and have them take you out on a V210 weighted. You'll be impressed with how well they drive and feel in the water. They handle rough water amazingly too. The boat definitely rides low in the water, but once you get to ride in one and take a run behind one I'm sure you'll be impressed.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-12-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
Better yet just grab your gear and we can make a day of it. Then you can realy get the feel of the boat.
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-13-2005, 12:07 AM Reply   
I was originally set on getting one with the Black Scorp. motor, but ended up finding the right one that had everything I was looking for but had the stock motor. The hump doesn't bother me at all - one thing I like is that I can put the board across the back and the fins don't touch while you're getting ready as the hump keeps it up in the air. I really wouldn't worry about it.

I've had 12 in mine on a few occassions (Shasta houseboat trips) and while it is cozy, it will hold more than enough people for a day on the lake (luckily about half of the 12 are only spectators). I've had no real issues with water coming over. It rides low, but handles chop very well and as long as you can drive ok (cut out those power turns), you won't have any problems.

If you wanted to swing down to San Jose with gas $$ I'd take you out to see for yourself. There's a lot of Sanger's around these parts I'm sure you could hitch a ride on the Delta or Anderson with someone.
Old    djjstylz            10-13-2005, 3:07 AM Reply   
Well it looks like everyone likes their sangers. I don't have any doubt about the wake it puts out, I am concerned about the quality I will get for my money. Last question, what kind of service has everyone had with any problems they had? I remember reading about people putting down a certain dealer and praising another. These were local to the bay area so I wanna hear actual stories or comments. Thanks again guys.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
I have not been to them for service yet but I have heard good things about Topside Marine and Cental Valley Marine for service . Both are in the south bay .
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-13-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
Steve, I be on the look out for the Red 215 around Disco! I got the blue Bu'
Old    stillstandin            10-13-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
Jose, I think for quality for your dollar, you cant go wrong with a Sanger
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-13-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
Jose;
Top side Marine and Central Valley both take care of there customers extremely well. Biggest concern I hear lately with Central is the loss of there indoor storage. The gunwal issue won't be an issue for you but ride in it and make sure your comfortable. I strongly recomend the 215 but I ride behind 210's on a regular basis and only decided on the 215 for the extra room. The hump issue is mostly a looks thing. The scorpion motor does not elimate the hump but cuts it down drasticaly. I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with the hump with comfort or akwardness. Performance wise the 210 is the hopped up sports car in the Sanger line. The fastest and most nimble on the water. Add the steep wake when weighted and what more could you ask for.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-13-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
Another one to file in the "for whatever it's worth" pile. In 2000, I bought a used '96 Sanger from the original owner. It came from Central Valley, and the original owners were very happy with the dealer service. I've been there many times seeking info / help (I wrench on the boat myself), and they are always willing to help. Only issues I've had are (1) steering cable R&R, annual P/M, and the interior is starting to give out on the seams (after almost 10 years of abuse). So far very happy. Looking to upgrade and it will likely be another Sanger.

Another good friend has a '95-ish closed bow Sanger and has not come to the dark side (still a skier). Last spring when he was being pulled up at the Delta, he pulled the pylon back into the engine (he's maybe 260#). Without much discussion, Sanger took care of the whole thing.
Old    djjstylz            10-13-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it. I'm not a rich guy so this will be a major purchase for me, I can't throw my money at the first boat I see and all this info will help alot. Thanks again guys!
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-13-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
i got one for sale, love the boat but buying first home. mint condition, hump is pro and makes the girlies butts look good while they are sitting on top...what you want to look at doods on your boat? NO

heres a pic

sanger= best value in wakeboarding
BHahbib7@aol.com
Old    vanski            10-13-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
Jose...completely avoid West Marine in Rancho Cordova. Love the boat. Hate the dealership and salesman. I'll blast his name...Richard Mark. The guy is a perfect definition of a used cars salesman. Pushy and when the boat was finally sold...he wrote me off. The boat didn't come with what I ordered and as a consumer spending luxury cash, you want what you paid for. He pretty much told me the company did not want my business after already selling me the boat. Absolutely avoid them. Aside from the dealership... Sanger is a well made boat and the price is not inflated by the name.
Old    mendo247            10-13-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
ouch.. guess richard should have stuck to makin music huh...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-13-2005, 9:47 PM Reply   
WOW blasting Rich? He has bent over backwards in making me and my friends happy, he has taken care of me better than copelands has taken care of my brother in law and better than the BU dealership in Rancho Cordova has with my cousin. He has even taken care of them when the other wouldn't unless they could get deep into thier pockets!

This doesn't help with Jose's question.. Go with test drive each for a day then you'll know which one is right for you...

Man you guys got some nice Sanger's, I am glad to be part of the family..
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-14-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Another "looks" consideration. The 215's transom is angled, makes for a sweet look, nice and slick from pad to swim platform. The 210 drops straight down, like many other boats out there. Just a thought since the hump is mostly a looks preference. Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either Sanger, they rock!!!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-15-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
Hump and vertical transom looking just fine sitting on Lake Shasta. HD said it best about being personal preference. If you're like me and don't want to tow the extra weight of the V215, don't need the extra space, and like a boat that drives like a sports car and has an easy time throwing a huge wake then the V210 is for you. It seems like there is an insane amount of good people who own Sanger's in Cali so go hook yourself up with a ride.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-15-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
Here's my '02 V-210, and a few shots of the wake.

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-15-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
V210s rock. Gotta love the wake.Some good shots.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-15-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
shawn - how long of a rope are you riding int he pics? wake looks sweet!
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-15-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
Also, anyone know starting price for a new V210 and a good dealer in So. Cal?? Thx
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-15-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
75 feet @ 23 mph, according to Perfect Pass, and roughly 1,600 lbs.
Old     (99sportster)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
Can anyone comment on the waterski or barefoot wake behind the 210 or 215. I'm selling my malibu and looking for a new boat and am curious about the wake for other watersports as well.

(Message edited by 99sportster on October 15, 2005)
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-15-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
Thought it was around 75ft!

Anyone know how to get listings for Sanger dealers...no dealer locator on their site!
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-16-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
Looked at Sanger V210 and V215 today...leaning toward 215 for extra space. How does the 215's wake look and how wide is it? Just want to make sure it's not an exceptionally wide wake. Seems like everyone is happy with their Sangers so quality and performance sound great...excited to demo one soon!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-17-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
B peck;
I cannnot find another boat that has the versitility the V215 has with being able to meet the needs of waterskiers. I personally gave up the slamon ski, but the wake lays down well at around 27 mph. Thats without the hydraulic wake plate you add that option and you can get tournament waterski performance. It is not the DX wake but very close. Then to be able to fill the ballast and have more than enough wake to throw down any trick in your arsenel makes the 215 a very respectable boat on the market.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-17-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Question about the optional wake plate. If I am looking at getting triple ballast, would the wake plate improve the wake for wakeboarding or more for skiing? Anyone have the wake plate and notice the change in performance? thx
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-17-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
The wake plate will not improve the wake as far as size; you can change the shape and make the wake smaller without draining ballast for riders that are intimidated by the wake when fully weighted.
Old     (spiff454)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-17-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
How much of a difference in there in wake size between the v210 and the dlx?? I am looking to buy a used Sanger. The prices between the two is alot.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-17-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
You can get the wake on the DLX just as big as the V210. Just have to add the lbs.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-17-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Spiff, If you're looking for a used 210 on CA I can hook you up with the info on a '96 in the 18k range. I almost bought it, but it neede some upholstery work and I have enough projects as it is. If he hasn't sold it yet it would be a great deal...........
Old    djjstylz            10-17-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
Anyone have pictures of the interior with more than 3 people in it? I want to see how roomy it is or isn't. Also, if the V210 has perfectpass is it a seperate gauge or does it come on the speedo gauge like some other boats I have seen. Thanks guys.
Old    mendo247            10-17-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
j-steezy.. nice website..bumping it right now!ordering me a cd as i speak.. perfect pass will be a seperate guage in any sanger.. i would say the v210 will fit 6 or so pretty comfortably.. i mean you gots to leave enough room to get down to these beats you throwin down!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Here is a photo of a V210 with 11 on board (Two on platform out of shot). About 5 to many kids IMO. It was the end of winter and no body would go in the bow. It was cosy more than spacious.