Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    9Drozd            02-15-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
I don't know if its just me but I've noticed more Osmosis grabbed spins lately, so it got me thinking. Do ya'll foresee this being incorporated into more tricks. Do you think we would see maybe a true corked osmosis trick. Right or wrong, i don't care, but whats ya'lls thoughts on this.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-15-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
I def think well see more osmosis tricks, maybe an osmosis 540? in the coming seasons>>>number 1 trick i would love to see? double mobe 720. Parks' double cab tantrum 360 is mindblowing and i think the most tech trick out there, but to do two flips, while doing two 360 spins would just be the most tech/godly/mindblowing thing ever, out of any sport, ever. lol snowboarders say wakeboarders cant cork, but we can, we have been corking for much longer than snowboarders we just called it "off axis" instead of cork. I think that seeing this trick would really push wakeboarding to the forefront as far as competeing with other boardsports for respect.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-16-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
vinny i think you're confused. snowboarders have been "corking" or "spinning off axis" for a long time, "corking" has not come out recently just because of the double and triple cork fad. - wakeboarders just have ridiculous names like "whirlybird" "crow mobe" etc. Also two flips with two 360's would be called a double cork 1440.

Shaun Murray has been doing osmosis 540s since 12 honkeys..
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-16-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
i feel like such an idiot when i get served in forums -_-
Old    9Drozd            02-16-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
I know Shaun's been doing them for along time, but ive noticed more just here lately. Like Rathy, Harley, Rusty. I was just thinking that we might be seeing more tricks grabbed longer or a variation of a flip with no handle.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-16-2012, 7:33 PM Reply   
Ive seen videos of people doing osmosis 7's
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-16-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
^Sean O'Brien like 2 years ago? I really hope fun little tech variations like this will become more popular, because they are awesome to watch. And honestly, that's why I ride. Its fun for me to give others something fun to watch, and when they enjoy watching me have fun, it just makes it the complete experience for me.
Old    terrybailey10            02-17-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
double flip pete essentally a frnt double cork 10 could be grabbed the whole time. love to see that be trick of the year!!!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-17-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
The problem with Osmosis spins is inconsistency. They're a good party trick, but you can never really master them and make them look good consistently like you can with other tech tricks. Some people get very good at them, but there will always an element of luck involved with throwing and catching the handle.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-17-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
009 is also technically an osmosis 900..
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-17-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
actually i believe the 009 is an osmosis 540 with an ole' 3 at the end.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-17-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gn3ulaRYl8 so a trick is labelled osmosis if the handle is let go of at all? cuz he really did a 180, let go of the handle, did a 3, grabbed the handle again, and then did a 180. Its still godly, but like what is to differentiate this from when someone lets go, does a 720, then grabs the handle again?
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-17-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gn3ulaRYl8 so a trick is labelled osmosis if the handle is let go of at all? cuz he really did a 180, let go of the handle, did a 3, grabbed the handle again, and then did a 180. Its still godly, but like what is to differentiate this from when someone lets go, does a 720, then grabs the handle again?
In answer to your first question, yes, it's called an osmosis. In answer to your second question, I doubt anyone's ever considered that since I doubt it's ever been done. It may not be possible. If something like that ever did happen it might be called something like a double osmosis 720 instead of just an osmosis 720. But that's just my opinion, and judging by how often other people agree with my opinions I would say there's a 99% chance it won't be called double osmosis 720 if it happens.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-17-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
I feel like double osmosis would be a good name for a full 7 w/o the handle. When you really think about it an osmosis is generally used to describe one full rotation w/o the handle, so Sean O'briens 7 is properly named since he really 'only' went one full turn with no handle lol
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-17-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
=) this is the first post ive had in awhile without getting my pride ripped to shreds =) proud moment. Thanks, and i think the double osmosis name would fit perfectly lol