Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (thiney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-25-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
What do you guys think any suggestions as to design changes are welcome since this is the first rail I have ever built and ridden. I rode it sunday and had a pretty good time on it, it turned out to be alot more stable than I thought it was going to be.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-25-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Looks nice. way too short imo. but nice.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Nice work for a first rail.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-25-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
A bit Short. }Looks like a solid build. But remember on a wakeboard you can ollie like 25 feet at 25+mph. Have fun
Old     (thiney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-25-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Yeah I know its a little short now I forgot to mention this is just part one there will be another section that is attached to the one pictured. We had to make it in two parts so we could take it in and out of the lake (My aunt does not want a bunch of rails on her lake she thinks they are eyesores lol)
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2010, 3:36 PM Reply   
looks almost exactly like the one we built! Trying to dig up some pics
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-25-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
Very cool, can't wait to see part two.

Hey ever think about painting it blue so your Aunt can't see it? ha ha
Old     (thiney)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-26-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
Chase what did you guys use to float yours. We dont have any more flat bottom boats laying around to build the next part on lol. Brent we did actually think about it lol she is throwing me a graduation party in may she said I could put as many as I wanted out there then so might try and leave them out there after that lol. I have a buddy who is a really good artist and we are going to let him do work on it when we get the other part built.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-26-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
we used six round plastic drums and built the frame around them..when we got it to the water we had to let water in the drums to let it sink down to the right height. we left it in the water with a solar light right under the drop off..can barely see it in the pics..was fun to session till the wildlife agency put big staples in the up rail..just asking for someone to get hurt