Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    gnil            10-03-2003, 4:57 AM Reply   
Hi
I' m writing from Switzerland, where the season is geting to an end..... Waiting now for the snow!!!!
But alredy thinking about season 04.... and what board to get ???
Has anyone tryed the TDF 04 ? what do you think of it? The sizes are bad.... 136 is mall, 142 is big ( I weigh 160 lbs)
And what about the Temet... seems a good board..??
bye
Old    blind5            10-03-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
i weight 175 and ride a 136 belmont and acually like the size. next year i am probably going to ride the 136 TFD but havn't riden one yet.

do you have a local shop that will let you demo a board? that is the best thing to do so that you know that you like the board before you buy it. you can't tell if you like it if someone else says that they like it.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-03-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
i have ridden both the TFD 136 and 142, the 136 i feel gives me more pop and allows me to go bigger with my tricks. But the 142 is alot easier to land with. I am actually riding the Temet tonight tonight, although it is only a prototype its in the belmont 136 graphics. So i wont know about actual sizes on that. But the TFD definately is a sweet board, I would recomend getting it, other than that there will be more tomorrow morning or late tonight.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-03-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
The 04 TFD is the same as the 03, so if you have any experience with the 03 then you're all set.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-03-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
well i rode the Temet here tonight, water wasn't to bad for being October in Washington. I wasn't a big fan of it though which kinda sucks. It was really slow feeling to me, and I could not feel any pop with it at all, even though from my spectators in the boat, I was told that I was going bigger than I normally do. Definately ride it though before you buy it if it is possible.
Old    gnil            10-04-2003, 1:28 AM Reply   
Thanks for your inputs.......
I can' t try the boards at the shop as they only keep new ones!!!!
I have been riding an Liquid Force Evo and think to bay the TFD... maybe in 142 ???? ( I am intermediate)
If anyone else could give me some more comments about these 2 boards, I' ll apreciate a lot.
Later
Old    mb_girl            10-04-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
I ride a 136 TFD & my husband rides a 142 TFD - very good board. Up until a week ago I was on an '01 Drifter, & compared to that the TFD feels much more solid on landings. It really tracks well, is a pretty fast board (although not as fast as my old Drifter), is confidence-inspiring, & when I'm edging off the wake correctly I get good pop. My husband rode an Evo today & he said that the 2 boards are totally different. He said that the Evo releases better off the wake, but is almost too sticky in the water - it hooks up on its edge really hard compared with the TFD. Neither of us have ridden the Temet so I can't comment on that one, but if it's like the Belmont series it will probably be a looser feeling board than the TFD. Just my .02.
Old    absolutofft            10-05-2003, 1:14 AM Reply   
If you are 160lbs you should get the 136
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-05-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
Earlier this year I bought a leftover 2002 Drifter DNA (136). I wieghed 165 at the time, and now I fluctuate between 175-180. It really is too small. Occasionally on backrolls, the board will just break through the wake instead of ramping up it (I'm too fat). I want to find a new or slightly used Project DNA (Same as Drifter, but 142).

The Drifter is really my favorite board ever, but since the TFD is it's replacement, maybe it's worth a shot. Tracie, did your husband own the Project before the TFD 142?