Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-22-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
any idea why when i turn up my volume high my stereo power shuts on and off? not sure whats going on there....

I have a deck ---> 2 polk audio 6.5s
and an 1000 watt amp ---> 1 channel to a sub and another channel bridged to the tower speakers (4polk 6x9s)

This was happening with the factory radio so I thought it was the radio.. went and bought a new deck and its still happening
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       04-22-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
how many speakers on your tower? it could be an OHM issue with running too many speakers off your tower
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-22-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
I had a similar problem with an old amp. I later found that there was a single strand of speaker wire connecting two seperate channels. When I cranked it up, everything shut off.

Just something to look for.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-22-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
check your battery, sounds like possible low voltage. If you have decent voltage ( 12.5v+) while sitting have it load tested.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-22-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Adams right on. The stock boat wiring isn't up to the challenge. Run a + and-wire straight from the battery just like you would an amp. Doesn't have to be huge.14 guage should be fine. Run into this in every old nautique I have messed with.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-22-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
good point.. thanks!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-23-2009, 5:14 AM Reply   
Could be a low battery issue like already mentioned, but if you're using the amp power, it could be an impedance issue or just draining the head unit. Clip the wires to the 6.5's and play only what's powered by the amp. If it keeps playing with no problems, check the wires to the speakers, or add an amp. I have a Clarion 2-channel Marine amp for sale in the classifieds here that would be perfect.