Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-12-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
So i am heading down to Kansas City next weekend to watch the Twins play the royals. I am planning on going to KC Watersports all day saturday to ride the cable for the first time. Not really sure what to expect on a saturday, I have never hit a rail wakeboarding or ridden on a cable. I am planning on bringing my 3DS and my roam, i am guessing i will ride the 3DS d/t i never ride my roam much. Am I really going to struggle on the cable for my first time??, i am not afraid of falling or looking like I dont know what I am doing, i know there will be 13 year olds rippin and thats cool. Does it take long to get use to the cable?? I am planning on buying an all day pass cause its relatively cheap. Any thoughts tips would be awesome, Thanks in advance.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-12-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Hey MK I will be there on Sat. IS it this Saturday or the 23rd. I'll be the one with the PS3 limited, and white shane bindings. I think you'll be fine. Everybody is real laid back so if you need help hitting rails there is always someone who will help out. Just don't be afraid of them. They aren't as bad as you think. Once you get the hang of them its not bad. I'm not saying I'm good at them but hitting them isn't a big deal. Oh ya there are about 5 kids there that absolutely shred and if my friends show up they are really good too. I'm the scrub of my group:-) See ya on Saturday.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-12-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
sadly ill be gone the next two weekends either way.....have fun
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-14-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Does the park close if its raining?? Or does there have to be lightning or storming??
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-14-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Depends on lightning/wind.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-14-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
MK - you will love it. I popped my cable cherry back in June and enjoyed it. not sure the cost difference on a all day pass, vs. a 2-3 hour pass, but be prepared to be hurting! My forearms were SORE for several hours afterwards, and I was there for a little more than 2 hours.

great place and cool people that will help you out for sure.