Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    xtremrider            04-22-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
It seems this is the untested boat. I dont see too many people talk about them on here. This is a good chance to be honest and tell me if they are good or suck in the long run. I have a chance for a good price on one and i need opinions
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-22-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
never heard of um
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
Jeff359 owns a Session and other than myself he is only guy that I know of on here that frequently talks about them. Session makes an awesome boat that puts out a great wake. It is very user friendly and the interior layout makes it a great family boat. What year boat are you looking at getting. I don't have any personal experience with the 03 models, but I hear they had some problems and possibly some of the 04's. If you can get a good deal on one, I would say get it... you won't be disappointed.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-23-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
My family has owned many boats and have been in boating for a lifetime, and my Session compares to all of them. It certaintly has some thing I don't like, but they are all minor. Wake can get insane with large weight, and has nice shape for most skill levels. Anyone that I meet that has spent anytime in or behind one, likes it. Most of the people that bash them are the typical Mastercraft rules everything else sucks, my boat is better than you crowd.
Xtrem, you live somewhat nearby and I'd take you for a ride but I'm racked up with a pretty bad injury right now, and I'm just a little better then bed ridden, so it's out of the question. Drop me an email and I'll fill you in on what you need to know. I also know what the dealer's invoice on these were, and you shouldn't be paying anymore than that. Jeffm359@comcast.net

Be a little carefull if you are buying a leftover 04. The one's that I have seen leftover on the west coast are missing options that you may want. Mine came without a ballast, but I work around that. Some of the others i see have the smaller engine, which would be a problem for me. Like Cody said the 04s are nice, the SI is very functional, but I'm not so sure about the XI. I still can't used to the seating. The 03 (which came in only one model) is very unorthodox, and would not work for me.

Last time I talk to him, Barry Poulsen in Sacramento (the Tige dealer) had two, and 03 and a 04 SI. The 04 was stripped down (350 MPI and a tower, nice trailer, not much more). I could have bought this boat from Regal for under 30K last summer, before Barry held it for his lot. You may give him call to comparison shop.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
I agree with everything that Jeff said except one thing. You should definately expect to pay more than dealer invoice on a boat. How is the dealer going to make money if you don't. If it is an 04, than dealer invoice or below is probably what you should pay, but 05 and definately 06 should be marked up. Jeff I imagine you were assuming he is looking at an 04?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
Sorry for being unclear. I assumed he was looking at an 04, since there hasn't been a Session dealer in the bay area since 04, or in California for that matter. I guess an 05 or 06 may pop up, or a new dealer, but I was guessing it was probably one of the 04s I looked at.