Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
I was looking at the INT trick list and this is what it is. H/S roll to revert with a rewind. Just like a elephant. Strange anyone seen or done it. I think my goofy move is a frantrum to fakie
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-17-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
wow - never heard of or seen that. any vid refs?
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-17-2005, 5:25 AM Reply   
Never heard of a Rollerphant but i've seen a Rhellaphant.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-17-2005, 6:03 AM Reply   
I've heard of it, but have only seen it done once on WakeTV issue #14. Jacob Lokin (sorry if I butchered his name) does one on there, not sure if it is on purpose or not, but he does a complete roll to revert, even letting go with his lead hand, then at the last second he pulls it back around and lands with only his back hand on the handle. Not a common trick at all, but pretty impressive looking if you do it right.
Later
Tiff
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-17-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   
Yeah, its easy. It like a Back roll frontside shifty.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
Roll S truharik used to do these HUGE back in like '95 - '96.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-17-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
jason - he do them in any vids? damn, now i want to find waketv #14!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-17-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
JG aka Jason Gingrup used to throw them out here but not many but he did them..

Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-18-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
yep, easy, Andy is right on. i called it a backroll shifty, but my buddies kept saying "do the roll-elephant" and it stuck and became rollephant. i was competing in INT way back when and did one in a contest. They later asked me what it was and I told them. next thing I knew they added it to the trick list and its been on there ever since. I didnt invent it for sure, but it ended up on the INT list from me, and the funny name my bros gave it. back then new tricks were coming out all the time but the people running the event were all skiers and didnt know the first thing about wake tricks. So everytime they would see something new they would give it a point score and add it to the list, since people had to have a named trick pass back then.

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-18-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
right on jason. the man who coimed the trem rollephant!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Cool, to know one of our fellow wake worlders made the trick. Now I am going to go out and try a few next time out just for fun. Hope I don't do a rollephant to yardsale
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-18-2005, 11:57 PM Reply   
If squid has a yardsale, I'm buying all his old boards.