Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
Saturday I was able to tag along with Rob, Trace, Tanner, Nikki and Shawn. The trip to the lake was nice with high fog. When I showed up to Folsom the fog was thick on the water with an air temp of 41 degree's. We talked to a fisherman who said the water temp was 48. The water was glass, the day was cold but fun.

Here are some pics of the day.

Trace

Trace

Trace
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
Rob

Tanner

Tanner
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Tanner

Tanner
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-25-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Great pics. Nice sequence shots too.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
Huge HS Front
Old    chavezychavez            01-25-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
Those pics make me think I made the right decision on going to the snow vs. going to Folsom that day. I was in a t-shirt by 11am and I even got a little tanner.

Mike, did you see a Black Hurricane while you were out? Scott (oshensurfer) and a few others were out there as well, mentioned they saw what I am guessing was your truck in the "parking lot".
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
I did't see them, we saw 2 MC's driving around, but never saw them riding. What kind of truck?
Old    chavezychavez            01-25-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
Could have been the other folks there, but it was at the GB launch. My buddy mentioned it had a HL and a CWB sticker on it, but he didn't mention what kind of truck...

PS: they were actually freezing... err... I mean riding!
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
That's Rob's Ford. Mine is a 02 charcoal chevy.
Old    oshensurfer            01-25-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
I saw a truck with a Sanger trailer which I assume was you guys. I personally couldn't concentrate on anything but my constant ice cream headache on Sat. I think I still have one.

My temp gauge did read 47-48 water. Coldest I've seen it at Folsom. I guess it's because the friggin Sun hasn't been out for 3 weeks so the top layer is getting as cold as the lower.

Cool pics by the way.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-25-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Mike, Thanks for posting the pictures.

It was a cold day, but I think everyone had a good time.

I never saw the Black Hurricane or anyone else riding behind any other boats for that matter. I thought we were the only crazies out that day.

I think we rode one day too soon, the sun broke out on Sunday afternoon and it turned out to be a pretty nice day.

I can't ride on Saturday this weekend, but I might be up for a Sunday run to Folsom if anyone is interested.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
Rob,
Give me about 3 weeks and I will be avaliable and might even ride. Gonna see the Doc next week and see what he says.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-25-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
I was out there Sunday with my Sanger (green trailor) I did talk with a guy that has a yellow and black MC. Sunday was perfect, no fog great sun...water temp 49.7 with plenty of butter for everyone!
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-25-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
I took the dogs for a walk along the shore on Sunday. It sure looked nice. Almost made me want to pull the boat out of the garage, but then I felt the water temp...

The lake level is looking decent these days too. Another 20 vertical feet and we're going to be golden all spring, summer, and fall.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-25-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
Looks sick! i need to get out ridin more pics look great looks like you had tons of fun