Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-25-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
I am planning a house boating trip for this summer (a lil late I know) In your guy's past trips what have been the best lakes for houseboating and wakeboarding. Ive been looking at shasta and don pedro. I also have a budget, since this is for venture scouts (co-ed scouts 14-21) it would be ideal to get a house boat that sleeps 10-12 for under 2500. Thanks in advance!
Old    tday            01-25-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
This is probably a little far for you guys but a great lake is Lake Shuswap in Canada BC. There are tons of houseboating places to rent from. The lake is about 2 times the size of Shasta and during the summer the temps are great. I took a group of scouts to Shasta 4 yrs ago and I am taking a Venture Crew to Canada this year. We rented from Holiday Harbor on Shasta (2 boats) they gave us a deal and Waterways houseboats in Canada. waterwayhouseboats.com Shuswap is great. If you call Waterways ask for Mike the Dock manager and tell him Tday and Uncle Buck sent you.
Old    jmo52            01-25-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
My family and I have been renting a houseboat on Trinity for the last 16 years. Its about half the size as Shasta and a fraction of the boats.www.trinitylakeresort.com or www.trinityalpsmarina.com
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-26-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
Here is a website that can help you find anything you want about houseboat rentals inNorth America.

www.houseboatrentals.com/

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-26-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
My Family and some friends of ours are going to be renting a houseboat first week of Junes At Shasta, this is called value week and the rates are still pretty low. I found a place Packers Bay that have an Empress which sleeps 15 people nice boat about 7 years old but nice upgrades. 1800 bucks for 5 days. Thats the best deal I have found but no slide or Television but I dont care were camping. As far as wakeboarding you cant beat Shasat it has lots of little private areas you can find and have all to yourself especially in early June. Good luck maybe we will see you down there
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
I'll vouch for Shuswap as well.. the best place for houseboating. We always use waterways, they have supernice boats and they really take care of you. Awesome customer service. Huge lake.. you can either party with the rest of the 100 houseboats out there on a busy weekend or find your own quiet spot, the lake is massive.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-26-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
any nice quiet coves we should search for? Its looking like we are going to be there last week of july or august. So if you have any secret spots you feel like sharing with me you can PM me or email me chris.sontag@comcast.net if you dont feel like sharing them to the public. Thanks for all of the responses so far!!!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-29-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
We have narrowed it down to the admril here http://www.packersbay.com/boat_models.htm

and the Marquis here.
http://www.lakeshasta.com/fp_marquis.html

any good spots that are away from the crowds?