Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chinexican)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-13-2011, 5:20 AM Reply   
just picked this up for $6500 has 568 hours but cant tell if its a sport or ski nautique and hope it has a better wake than my brendella any info guys??? interior is old and faded but no rips and is functional came with 2 fat sacks so what im wondering is there a way to verify what it is by the Hull #? like the VIN of a car?

Photobucket
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2011, 5:33 AM Reply   
Looks like a Sport to me. Good lookin' boat. I don't believe they made open bow ski nautiques that old. I used to have a '95 Sport. Threw a decent wake w/ a 600# sac on each side of the engine. Threw a good wake w/ a 600# sac on each side of the engine, a large sac behind the engine (I removed the back seat), and ~300-400# in the nose, but you gotta be pretty careful with that much weight. You would also need to reprop it if you run that much weight (if it hasn't already been done). Good luck with it!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2011, 6:32 AM Reply   
Definately a Sport.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-13-2011, 7:47 AM Reply   
Ski did not come as a bow rider. So definitely a Sport.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-13-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
SNOBs do exist, but they didn't have that walk-through. That is an old pre-94 Sport. It is not the same hull as the famed 210 SS/SAN (i.e,. not the same hull as Michael's 95 Sport). The boat in the picture might also have wood stringers. Check the motor mounts for play.

Note, you can send the HID to Correct Craft and they will give you the original write-up on the boat, telling you make, model, year, original options, etc.
Old     (chinexican)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-13-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexi View Post
SNOBs do exist, but they didn't have that walk-through. That is an old pre-94 Sport. It is not the same hull as the famed 210 SS/SAN (i.e,. not the same hull as Michael's 95 Sport). The boat in the picture might also have wood stringers. Check the motor mounts for play.

Note, you can send the HID to Correct Craft and they will give you the original write-up on the boat, telling you make, model, year, original options, etc.
motor mounts are good and fiberglass floors the guy i got it from gave me two fat sacks 600 each so ill let u know how it goes this weekend
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-14-2011, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexi View Post
The boat in the picture might also have wood stringers. Check the motor mounts for play.
In '93 all CC models went to full composite stringers and floors. If you keep an eye on prices you'll notice a sharp price on most '92-'93 model CC's for sale. Generally adds a few thousand if the seller knows.