Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-26-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
I have skylon tower speakers and would like replace the 8" kicker sub speakers. Has anyone replaced them with a better louder speaker? It would be nice to have one that bolts right in.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-27-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
a sub wont work... its frequency response will be too low.

you need to match the impedence and bolt circular diameter.
Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-27-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
I realize that this is my question. I have a 8" sub that it came with and need to replace it with a loud speaker.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-27-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
It's not a sub... that is part of clubmyke's point.
Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-27-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
Ok what ever the speaker is it does not due the job. I need something that can put out some good sound. sorry for the miss communication
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
My favorite for a midbass 8" is the Boston Acoustics G108. It is intended to be a sub but is able to play the higher frequencies. I am currently building a system in my personal vehicle with these as mid bass drivers in the front doors.

http://bostonacoustics.com/car/car_product.aspx?category_id=17&family_id=129&prod uct_id=402

Upload

Another one that is going to be midbass specific and should rock is the JL Auido ZR800. It is not available yet but will be soon.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=215

Upload
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
Boat- What do you feel you are lacking? Volume, midrange, bass, clarity...?
Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-27-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
I feel I am lacking volume at the end of the rope for the rider. I have bass in the boat and 6 -6 1/2 two way speakers in the boat. the tower has skylon tower speakers with one 6 1/6 that works good and a 8" bass (or what ever it is) speaker that I can't hear very well. I would like to find something that I could hear at the end of the rope. I was hoping to find a speaker that would be very easy to put in with very little mod if at all.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
OK- Do you feel you are lacking volume in the lower midrange - mid bass area (kick drums or lower end of a males voice)? This is the only area that is going to be affected by changing the 8". What Skylon model do you have and how many? What amp are you using to power them? Lets see if can narrow down the results you are looking for before you replace the kicker.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-28-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
Search the net for Beyma.
Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-30-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Upload
I feel the mid bass area may be missing. I think I have a JL 500 amp. for the sub and a JL 300 for the 6 1/2 speakers.