Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
I want to know who the 22% are that are afraid of the graphics...seriously.

David, also curious how this question came up? I know its winter and slow but.....
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       01-25-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   

quote:

seriously

Therein lies the problem. Having a good/insightful/current/fun/interesting new question every day is hard so occasionally Dave throws in a kinda funny one.

-Steve
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
its the only thing I could think of.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-25-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
It was suggested by somebody. I thought it was kind of funny, so I went with it!
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
i would have to say compared to other boards i could find them frightening
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-26-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
i would say compared to other boards i find them cool!! thats the reason i bought my 05 142!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
The graphics aren't my style but if other like them that's cool.

I do find the 03 142 graphics to be scary in that I'm not quite sure what HL was thinking when they approved those graphics. Putting an image of someone that looks a whole lot like a German soldier burning a bunch of dead people is pretty tasteless imo.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Last year's Gonzalez made me wet the board shorts a few times....
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-27-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
Josh, if you think the 03 Byerly 142 graphic was bad, you should have seen the 137 graphic from the same year before it was changed. It was amazing how many eyes missed an obvious no-no.

But, overall, I am a fan of the Byerly graphics, all the way back to the Wake Tech days.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-27-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
pics anyone????????????
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-27-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard4.asp?ProductID=1606

Theres the link to that 03 Byerly board

(Message edited by Mxflyer281 on January 27, 2008)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-27-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
I don't remember any one getting upset about the 2003 byerly graphic but i do remember people getting upset about the 2000 142 limited one (if you look at the board review now it shows a similar limited graphic as the 137) I CANT FIND A PIC ANYWHERE!!! I did a search even and only found a phrase where someone said they would post a pic of it but never did. It's the one that says hyperlite in splattered blood on one side and has a chick that looks like she belongs in a reef add cutting off a guys head with a guillotine. I am pretty sure there is a pic i could scan from the Wakeboard magazine buyers guide, but most of my mags are at my parents' house. If someone can post the pic please do!!!!!!!!! because if any graphic is scary it is a graphic like that... the next thing i think of when i think of that graphic is lorena bobbitt...;)

here is ALL the pics for your enjoyment gathered from wake world

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

f.y.i. i only loaded one of the '08 byerly legacy because the only difference in graphic is slight differentiations in wood grain. I think it is also kind of kool how you can see the evolution of picture quality, board shape and other such things through the years

In my opinion, besides the bloody 2000 limited board, the 2001 137 is by far the MOST SCARIEST Byerly graphic... why? because it is totaly not your average byerly graphic. It makes me want to think that some drunk bass fisher broke into the factory and switched byerly's graphic. It is scary that such a cartoony, whimpy, fishy lure could make its way on the boards. by far the ugliest graphic too IMO
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-27-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
...the shape of the "can-opener" is kinda scary in of itself aside from the graphic...
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
Thanks for sharing all of those graphics. I used to skateboard a lot as a kid and these graphics remind me of some of my skateboards.

IMO, I think some of the graphics on boards in recent years are pretty boring overall.

Tim
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-28-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
Ryan Pereira (cavlxenvy), Ghost Busters FTMFW!

"its the only thing I could think of."
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-28-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
I agree with Byrom. The can opener fin shape is scary in itself. I grabbed an 05 132 with the joker face last summer because i found a good deal on it and wanted to try out the can openers.
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-28-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
After the can openers, it seems like the creativity is not there? Hope they step it up in the future.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-29-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
I almost forgot the wake skates... how could i???

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-29-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
i just noticed something while loading the last two wake skates... check this...Upload

the graphics fit together... and not in the typical side to side sorta way that we have seen before on other boards