Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nicksvaren)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-10-2011, 11:48 PM Reply   
Im in the process of building a winch an i have got a couple questions... yes... ive searched around all ready an havent gotten the answers im looking for..

Im using a 11 HP OHV Gas Engine
An im not sure about what Torq-A-Verter Tav2 to us.
Options:
1. TAV-30 Kit for 1" PTO Shaft, 12t #35 Sprocket

If someone could tell me the difference between the two? And not just that the teeth on the sprocket are different that would help a lot.
And also suggesting which one i should go with.

2TAV-30 Kit for 1" PTO Shaft, 10t #40/41 Sprocket

Mainly will be land starts Not try water.....

anything helps thanks
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-11-2011, 5:51 AM Reply   
You will get a higher top end speed out of the 12t sprocket but sacrifice the torque that you'd have from the 10t. As far as the #35 chain compared to the #40/41 chain I'm not sure about that.
I have a 10t Tav2 and 54t drive sprocket and get speeds of 30+mph.
Here is a spool calculator you can mess with different gearing combos.
http://box.arthizm.com/calculator/
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
the #35 chain is a light chain like you would see on a BMX bike it works but stretches and breaks alot easier than the #42 chain which is very similar to a dirtbike type chain. go with the 42!
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-11-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
i have same set up just waiting for the weather and making some rails
Old     (nicksvaren)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-11-2011, 11:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by redracer2003 View Post
You will get a higher top end speed out of the 12t sprocket but sacrifice the torque that you'd have from the 10t. As far as the #35 chain compared to the #40/41 chain I'm not sure about that.
I have a 10t Tav2 and 54t drive sprocket and get speeds of 30+mph.
Here is a spool calculator you can mess with different gearing combos.
http://box.arthizm.com/calculator/

What chain do you use? an what size motor?

And Perfect thanks for the info i plan on starting my build sunday ill post pictures soon after!
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-12-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
I'm using the #40/41 chain and i have a 6.5hp engine from Harbor Freight. PM me if you have more questions and I'll do the best I can to help.