Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-15-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
hey where's the best place to by the malco products online. they do not appear to have any locally. also, specifically what is the name of the cleaner/conditioner so i don't buy the wrong one (they have a bunch). and wasn't there a protectant that was similar to 303? i'd like to get both.

also, how about the box anchor? is slideanchor.com the best place to buy? again, don't appear to have any locally.

thanks and happy friday
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
Hey Bruce,
The distributor is up in Snohomish. The website http://www.malcopro.com/ lists Mike Coyle of NW Distributing. His number is (425) three one nine-3632. He put me in contact with the truck driver who drives thru my area. The guy called when he was in area & stopped by my office.

I'm still not sure I like it yet. We only used it once before we stored the boat for the winter. But it left a slick finish on the upholstery, especially when wet. It's called Leather & Plastic cleaner. I'm going to play with it some more in the spring before I come to any real conclusions.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-15-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
does it clean good? I've used the esqisite and it works pretty good, but I'm out. you don't think that stuff will dry out the seats over time? I called that guy a couple months back, but didn't ever get a call back. I'll try again. thanks for the help. Oh and how's it smell?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
I wish I could say it smelled like Babes.... but it doesn't. Smells like soap.
The guy told me it wouldn't dry anything out.
But like I said, I'm not sold on it yet.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-15-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
It cleans better than anything else that I have tried. And if it feels slick it's probably because you didnt get it all off. After scrubbing you have to use a damp towel and soak it up and rinse and ring out the towel in a bucket of warm water. Continue doing this until the vinyl feels free of the Malco cleaner. If you dont get it all up, as soon as it gets wet again the surface will feel slippery.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-15-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
thanks sparky, is there a product you use from them that protects too? i.e., like 303 for UV protectant properties, or does the cleaner have that in it? i've always used 303, but i've used other cleaners prior. i thought you mentioned/used two or three of their products, but can't remember and i'm being lazy, sorry. that guy called me back today bill, but i missed him. will try again monday. i'd like to give it a try and would be a good excuse to dust off the boat in the garage and crank some tunes. :-) if it doesn't work out, i'll just reorder a gallon of the exquisite and continue using 303. thanks again for the replies.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-15-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
hey sparky one other question, if you have to rinse as well, how many times a year you find yourself using this stuff? often, or just a couple deep cleans a year?
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-15-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
Does the Malco cleaner work on mildew? Pulled off the cover to a nice little surprise yesterday. I have used the Starbrite Mold & Mildew cleaner in the past and it worked fairly well.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-15-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
Usually twice a year. Then use the Babes Seat Saver. In between I just use a damp towel and a little diluted soapy water in a spray bottle which I keep on the boat for spot cleaning and for people to wash sunscreen or whatever else off their hands. Switched to the Babes because I dont like the slippery surface from the 303.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-15-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
Wakemania, the Malco will certainly get rid of the mildew but you might need to scrub with a soft brissle brush. You might want to consider using the Starbright "No Damp" de-humidifiers from West Marine. I keep two in my boat while tarped and covered and they eat up all the moisture in the air and eliminate the mildew issue. If you can, a small fan on low will help a bunch too as it keeps the air moving just enough to keep things dry. Bruce, I was going to get some samples of a few of the Malco protectants but alot of guys on here really seem to like the Babes Seat Saver so I tried it and liked it. Also regarding the Box Anchor, I hunted around and could not find any deals anywhere. Wound up biting the bullet and just ordered it from Box Anchor.

(Message edited by wake_upppp on January 15, 2010)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
Unless you prefer dirty vinyl it is impossible to not like Malco Leather and plastic cleaner. If used properly it should leave your vinyl feeling more tactile than before as all the gooves and detailing should now be free of debris i.e. dirt, grime, body oils and sun lotions. I no use the PB2 protectant on it as well which leaves the vinyl extremely shiny but it is slick the first time out. The beauty of the protectant is that it allows for very easy clean up with just a wet towel. A lot on here know I had some major trailer issues so my boat sat out on the lift fof a couple months of bad weather. It got wet inside and hence mildew formed. I was able to literlly just wipe it off with just a wet towel and no cleaner. I attrubute this to the protectant. I have since gone through the whole boat with the cleaner and its all like new again.

Bruce, I highly recommend the distributor here in Snohomish. We use him at our dealership so he hooked me up big time!

FWIW, I do only use the Malco a few times a season because it really is for deep cleaning so in between I use Babes mostly for the smell.

Box Anchor: I just happen to run into a place in Manson/Chelan that sold them so I snapped one up. I got retailed but I love the thing so it was worth it to me.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-16-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure I'm going to order some of the L&P Cleaner. How much would it take to do the entire boat interior with some pretty bad mildew? Should I just go ahead and get the gallon size?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-16-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
I would get the gallon because its more cost effective. Probably take a pint or two to do your whole boat.

(Message edited by wake_upppp on January 16, 2010)
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-16-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
One thing is for sure they will NOT contact you back with any information on where to buy the product in your area. I know they have the dealer locator, but the dealer that pops up wants to sell me his product and does not want to get the Malco in.