Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old    aldo_moreno            01-17-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
hey guys i am thinking of purchasing some tower speakers for my boat but i haven't decided which speakers to buy if the NVS 1010 or the Fusion T series 3 way combo any advice would be great thank you.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-17-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
NVS
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-17-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
what are you looking for in a tower speaker?

My vote is for the NVS
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-17-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
NVS's are very loud, Fusion's sound very good. I have the Fusion's on my boat and a couple of the guys I ride with have the NVS's (yup, Big Ed is one of them). I don't think I'd get argument saying the Fusion's sound much better, but if you want the music loud (I mean really, really loud....like, turn it down it's too loud at riding distance), then the NVS's are definitely your choice.

Good luck.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-18-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
Evan,now thinking about it,I don't think I ever rode behind your boat so I can't make a comment on your fusions.*hint,hint*
Old     (holderbee)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-18-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
I'd go with the NVS. The Fusions are great speakers and sound really good, but they run at 2ohms.

NVS tower speakers are designed to run at 4ohms. I believe Big Ed has NVS Entity 1010's. Those are the loudest speakers that NVS offers, however...they are not as clear (up close) as the Fusions. If you want "loud" and "clear" go with a pair of NVS Addictions. They are a lot cleaner sounding than the Entity series (but not quite as loud). I've got a set on my boat and they sound AWESOME! When I ride, I sometimes have to ask the driver to turn them down...because they are so loud!

Check out NVS's website www.nvs1.net
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Yup, what he said.

Ed, we'll do it soon. My boat hasn't been in the water since Thanksgiving. I'm a lazy sack I need to get it to Ski World for the heater and Neptune Audio for a little stereo tune-up.
Old    aldo_moreno            01-18-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
thanks guys i appreciate the advice now i just have to save some money to buy them.