Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kswakeboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-12-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
We are looking to move from our 86 SN 2001 to something bigger and newer. We currently Ski/Board/ and Hangout at a 33.3/33.3/33.3 Split. We Live on a lake that is limited to 21 feet but I know of a few 21.2 and 21.6 boats on our lake. I am married with 3 kids under the age of 9. My wife Skis TOTAL REC and will not board. I Ski well (not GREAT) and board Well (NOT GREAT). Our kids have tried but never got up. But the middle kid and little one will ride with me on my board. We will take the boat off our small 400 AC lake to larger ones like Grand Lake in OK and Table rock on MO a few times a year.
My wife wants a V drive for the space and the ease of pulling me on a ski with the kids on the boat. She will not let them sit in the bow when pulling me.
What is better Skiing off the back of DD with people in back of boat or Skiing off V-drive with 6-8 people in the boat?

What we NEED…
21 feet or less (I think 21.2 would be ok but over 21.5 is pushing it).
Safe with 3 little kids in it so wife can pull me and not freak with kids in the bow.
Perfect Pass / Marriage saver…
Tower
Sun Top.

WANT
Stock Ballast
Nice Ski and Board wake
10-11 seating.

Price range is Sell or Trade price of my 86SN plus 22-24k.
(had a trade offer of 6k on my SN2001 to go towards a SAN 2002 TE)

Thanks!
Old    kx250frider617            06-12-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
It seams like the best boat for you would be a tige R20 or an a 21V. I have a tige right now, an older 2100v and it seams to be perfect all around boat. I don't ski but with no weight and the taps fully down, the wake is almost non-existent. The V-drive is way better than a direct drive, interior space wise.

In my opinion, Tige seams to attract the family oriented crowd where as Nautique, Malibu, and mastercraft are more geared towards the core skier or boarder. (that my be totally wrong, but that is just what I see)

Honestly though, any newer boat would satisfy your needs, just find one one ONLYINBOARDS.com and go check it out.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-12-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
Moomba Outback V

Should be able to by a late 2000's for around your $28-$30k mark without a ton of hours.. Fits all of your requirements.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-12-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
I have a 209/x9 that I'm literally in the process of listing. Know the wifey says v drive but its a pretty big boat and has a good ski and wakeboard wake

stock ballast
tower
kicker 6500.2 setup
2 amps
transome remote
boot slicker
new perfect pass stargazer
around 500 hours

sorry not trying to thread jack

Last edited by williamburell; 06-12-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-12-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
I agree with Jeff
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=3320
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
205V/xstar(a little tight with 8 or more probably)
SAN210/Supersport
VLX
outback V/mobius LSV(2002-2005 I think)
Tige 21v/2100V

Also, don't rule a boat out just because it is missing one or two of the options on your list. It is plenty easy and not too expensive to add a bimini, ballast or perfect pass.
Old     (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-12-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250frider617 View Post
It seams like the best boat for you would be a tige R20 or an a 21V. I have a tige right now, an older 2100v and it seams to be perfect all around boat. I don't ski but with no weight and the taps fully down, the wake is almost non-existent. The V-drive is way better than a direct drive, interior space wise.

In my opinion, Tige seams to attract the family oriented crowd where as Nautique, Malibu, and mastercraft are more geared towards the core skier or boarder. (that my be totally wrong, but that is just what I see)

Honestly though, any newer boat would satisfy your needs, just find one one ONLYINBOARDS.com and go check it out.
x2

Great all around boat. Young family here and we love our Tige. My 10 year old loves to ride behind our 22VE. In your price range a 2005-2008 LSV Moomba would be good too.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
probably too far for you, but i'd buy this boat today if i had the delta (no affiliation btw)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/3071715081.html
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Saw that yesterday Bruce. Sick. You should get a black one to match your white X2.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
i know isn't that thing sweet? SBT trailer though. would have to throw some money at it, but it would be a decent upgrade. makes me wonder what i could get for mine. sell mine and take out a new note with the profit as my down. wonder if i could keep the payments close to current.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
You should do it. It has the 05-06 tower with the swivel racks. Best tower MC ever made. I think the boat would look even better with a maroon, red, yellow, light blue stripe at the water line. I wonder if vinyl like they use for a wrap would last it is was just a 3 inch or so stripe at the waterline? Is your trailer white or black? You just need to buy that boat before you sell yours and swap trailers if you want to keep the MC trailer. I like the looks of the SBT trailer and they tow nice but I have heard they have some problems.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
black trailer. same hours! i wish i was flush, i'd be all over that. i'd likely have to come up with some coin to keep my payments the same, but i'm pretty far along on my current note. wonder what my CU would say.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2012, 3:16 PM Reply   
I wish I had the funds because I would buy it if I could. The only thing I would care to do is put 750's in the rear, replace the amp, add an amp for the sub, replace the sub and buy 500#'s of lead.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       06-12-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
don't know where you are located, but I'd make you a sweet deal on my '06 launch20ssv. it's a great crossover boat that boards well, waterskis well and surfs great with some weight.

has the desired upgraded 340hp ext motor, comes fully loaded with a shower the ONLY option that was not checked by skiers when new. boat is in great condition and includes a killer sound system.. dealer ad doesn't do it justice.

ignore the dealer price on consignment. if you're serious, we'll deal.

only drawback imo for some will be the single axle trailer, but I have had zero problems with it and it's a dream to back into a garage and maneuver around.. dealer said it's the cleanest '06 he's seen. and fwiw, the kenwood deck doesn't do cd's. ipod/mp3/sirius/fm/usb only..

pm me if interested..

http://boise.craigslist.org/bod/3053282712.html
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-12-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
yeah brett there would definitely be a few K in ballast and stereo. the tanks would be coming out for sure. i bet he's getting a lot of calls.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-12-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
If you want something:
- Can be found fairly easily in your price range
- Quality built
- Great ski AND wakeboard wake
- 21'
- Repair parts are easy to come by, with a large dealer support base if you need that
- Can surf behind as well

Then get either a 2001 Malibu Sunsetter VLX or a 2002-2004 Sunscape 21LSV. Both are on the SV23 diamond hull, which has one of the best slalom wakes on a V-drive, yet can still throw a nice wakeboard wake. Wedge is a 100% must have option on this hull to get the wake to shape properly - I hate the wake (even weighed down a lot) without the wedge.

A VTX or anything on the cut diamond hull would fit your needs nicely as well, but not your budget. I can't think of any boat that would fit your requirements more than the above.

I have an 01 Sunsetter VLX. Mine is about as loaded as you could get it minus the center ballast bag (tower, heater, wedge, docking lights, LS1 engine, etc.). I got mine for a steal, but if you got a mid-optioned one with reasonable hours, I'd expect you could negotiate down to 21-22k. I added Perfect Pass Stargazer for $1100, got a Bimini for $275 shipped, and have about $1000-1500 in my ballast setup (300lb bag up front, 750's in each locker, reversible pumps for each bag all with factory switches in the dash). So if the boat doesn't have an option you want, it CAN be added. My ballast setup far exceeds anything the factory offered in 2001.

Last edited by nitrousbird; 06-12-2012 at 3:30 PM.