Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-13-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
Let the games begin. The California Wildfire Benefit Auction kicks off today at 2:00 PM ET (11:00 AM PT) and we've got some really cool stuff that you can bid on.

We've got boards signed by Keith Lyman, Danny Hampson, Amber Wing, Andrew Adkison, Scott Byerly, JD Webb, Jeff Weatherall, Dallas Friday and Brett Eisenhauer.

Go to http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1415 to check out what we have to offer and please place some bids throughout the week to either get yourself (or a loved one) something nice or just to run up the price! :-)

Good luck!!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-13-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
It says all the listings have been removed?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
^^^Got the same message.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-13-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
It may say that until the goes live at 11am PT.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
That makes sense, lol...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-13-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
Yeah, you won't be able to go to the auctions until it's go time. They will start going at 2:00 ET with one auction starting every minute until they're all rolling. I think there are about 25 auctions, so everything should be available at 2:30.
Old    walt            11-13-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
Hands off the CWB Transend !
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-14-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
disappointed that i can not bid due to the fact that i live in Canada
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-14-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
Sorry about that, but with all the shipping and duty and hassle that goes with shipping to another country, we just couldn't do it with over 30 items that we have to get out to everyone. This is a huge project that takes a ton of time (I was up until 7:00 AM adding auctions to Ebay yesterday) and resources (many of which are donated by our generous sponsors), so I look to streamline it wherever I can.

Although there are some great deals to be had and we want to please as many buyers as possible, the bottom line is that we're trying to raise money for the fire victims and being as efficient as possible will allow us to maximize the amount raised. As I've mentioned in years past, most sponsors are generous enough to cover a small amount of shipping charges in addition to their product contributions. However, if I told sponsors that they are responsible for paying for shipping anywhere in the world, many would decline to participate. So in order to maximize the number of donations, I make sure that the sponsors are not going to be hit with any unpredictable shipping charges.

I hope that makes some sense. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-15-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
David, once again your extreme generosity of your time spent on these type of projects is incredible and impressive! Great work!

And of course props to all the sponsors who donated items for the auction.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-15-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
Thanks. I'm just glad we've got this tool called WakeWorld that allows this all to happen. It's really incredible how it comes together between the sponsors and the readers/bidders. I'm just glad to be the conduit.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-15-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Speaking of which, we had four more auctions kick off today. We've got two more wakeboards from Boardstop and a wakeboard rack and water ski rack from DBG Concepts!! Go check 'em out at http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1415.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-15-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
placed my bids!
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-15-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Dave yes that makes sense... and i do understand
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-20-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Woo Hoo! After being outbid at the last second on like 4 items I finally won one! Glad to help the cause.