Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    throwinatantrum            11-10-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
whats better? can you just ride anyboard with no fins, do the fin screw holes make a difference?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-10-2003, 4:20 PM Reply   
thats a very vague question... depends on the board you ride and what kind of style you like...

Fin holes... well i can't tell a difference, from the boards i rode finless
Old    norcal_99            11-10-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
Dude, One time at wakeboard camp, I was riding my board without the fins, and the drag from the screw holes made me faceplant. I could have landed that HS 1260 if I only had my fins on.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-10-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
one time at band camp....
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-11-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
Rene,
It probably wasn't the fin holes that screwed you up. It was probably the fact that the board was lighter without the fins which then caused you to slightly over spin it and then do a face plant.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    norcal_99            11-11-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
Or maybe, it was the water coming through the front fin holes (hitting me in the ding ding) as I was popping off the top of the wake that caused me to lose focus and under rotate. Either way, I need some fins, or my Mama says I can never try that trick again.

Send me some of those sweet CDI fins, and I'm sure to be the first to land the HS 1260.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-13-2003, 4:16 PM Reply   
I've been riding a 2002 Belmont with three fins on each end. But when I went to The Boarding School a few weeks ago Shaun had me take the center fins out. He said when he rode that board that's how he rode it. With the center fins out I noticed the difference right away. The board became a lot looser, and once I got used to it, a lot more fun.