Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-16-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
Does anybody have info on airbraze. Are their boards any good?
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-17-2012, 2:23 AM Reply   
Ask Todd , he sells them and He was riding one a while back. Towanza
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-18-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewkettle View Post
Ask Todd , he sells them and He was riding one a while back. Towanza
BTW: the board I rode was Todd's. I believe it was a medium. I am only 5'7" and 155lbs so a small would have fit me better.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
I believe they are putting all their momentum into their new next generation of boards. The previous line was produced in South Africa, and manufactured with polyurethane cores and polyester resin/fiberglass lamination, like 90ish% of the surfboards around the world. The shape of those boards were based largely on Shred Stixx shapes. Again, I think they are only selling off what is left from 2011, but I could be wrong.

The next borrows from technology developed for/what became firewire surfboards. They are being produced in conjunction with Bert Burger (formerly firewire, now sunova).
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
I rode the new Aibraze Next board a few weeks ago and it was great. The board I rode was a little big for me, but it was quick, agile and pretty easy to spin/air. I still did not like it as much as my original Fly Boy, but it was really close.

If I buy a new board, it will be this one.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-18-2012, 6:15 AM Reply   
lakesurefer how would you compare the insland surfer flyboy to the airbraze next? Would you still take that production model over the airbraze next?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-18-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22vdrive View Post
lakesurefer how would you compare the insland surfer flyboy to the airbraze next? Would you still take that production model over the airbraze next?
I have never ridden the IS Fly Boy. I have heard it is very nice but not quite as good as the original. Like I said, I really like the Airblaze, but I would probably buy the IS Fly Boy just because I could get it for $100 less.

Note: The Airblaze is a much better looking board than the IS Fly Boy. Physically, the Airblaze looks amazing.