Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-08-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
During my stay in the hospital I lay here reading all the threads on WW from sun up to sun down. I've recently been spending time on the "boats for sale" threads. I noticed alot of boats for sale because of injuries,i.e. backs,kness, ankles,shoulders,etc. So my question is would you sell your boat because of an injury? My doctors have told me that my knee will be ready to ride in 4-5 months. With that said I would never sell my boat cause I dont think 4-5 months is that long of a period. So if you guys got injured would you sell your boat?
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-08-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
depends on how injured.... if i could not board i would still want to enjoy being on the boat.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
How are you holding up Shawn? That is one of the reasons I sold mine. While I would love to be a great rider, I know my back and discs couldn't take it.
Old     (zirb3l)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-08-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
im with luke, though i dont own a boat, if i did and i got an injury i would do the next best thing and just drive for all my friends/family. No need to ruin a good thing!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
Not for an injury...I am out for 2 months with a broken foot right now....but i am trying to sell it cause I never use it...I am always on everyone else and my coaches boat all the time

(Message edited by rnopr8 on September 08, 2008)
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-08-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
That makes sense Socal to me since you hardly use it anyway.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-08-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Nope not for an injury. I tore my ACL and was out 5 months and still went out on the boat. It's not all about riding. It's the whole lifestyle and experience just being out on the water.
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-08-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Would never sell due to injury...broke my leg, came back 6 months later ready to rock!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Nope. It's not all about me. I still love to be on the boat whether I'm riding or not. I haven't riden once this summer due to shoulder surgery and even though I don't have my own boat, I'm lucky I have friends that do.

But no, no way I would sell because of an injury. Everyone else enjoys being out as much as I do.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-08-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
I wouldn't be surprised if people say they are selling a boat because of an injury even if there is really a different reason.. say can't afford it?

Seems like that'd be an easy way of getting out of saying you're broke. my $0.02
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-08-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
I have a boat and have had my share of injuries and wouldn't put a for sale sign up unless it was a devastating injury that affected my livelihood. If my job was substantially being hampered by an injury, I would probably sell.
Old    alanp            09-08-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
i couldnt ride anymore id sell it but i dont think i'd sell it for a non permanent injury
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-08-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
You could always air chair or ski.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-08-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
SteveO- you make a good point, people are going through hard times right now.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
I think it has more to do with economics. You get hurt, and can't work, that would sour many to ownership. 3, 4, 5 months off work, pursing your dreams of a tantrum to blind, kinda wakes you up. I have a job that allows me to still work while injured. I've tested this many times now, including this whole summer season. Yesterday, was first day back on the water in many many months. Of course, I thought about selling my rig, since it's paid off, you think about why you keep it. Family and friends on the water yesterday, I didn't even ride, but it was just what I needed. A day on the water, away from the grind, that's what it's all about. As long as I can, I will keep her.