Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-31-2003, 8:22 PM Reply   
What modifications does everyone have on their foil. I ordered my ski with adjustable foot holes so I have 4 positions to place the footpads. The footpads are srewed to a metal plate which mounts like a wakeboard binding does. This lets the kids use it better. I have just replaced the screw and washers( like for wakeboard that held the footbed down) with a set of LokZ. Now I can change footpad position with out getting a screwdriver. I also added the cinch anckle staps. Other then adding the angle brackets to the shock tower for the seat belt, I'm wondering what I need next :-)

Old                02-05-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
I believe Pheaton has soem very nice brackets for the SS.

I'm kinda old fashioned. I just keep 20'+ of web strapping and a couple buckles for when the belt is worn down.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-09-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Airfreak give me a review of the brackets and base plate when you get them. They should be there any day now.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-12-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
Phaeton,
Got the parts today. They look great. Can't wait to get them put on. Thanks!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-12-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
Your welcome. If you have any ?'s on how they go just check the web site. There are pictures there with them mounted.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-17-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
Phaeton, Got the seat belt brackets on and they work great. Seams to keep you put better. Had to use a washer on the side I use the extender on to give enough room for the belt to go through and the extender to go through, but wasn't a real problem.

Thanks again.
Old                03-18-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
I have the custom Wake me belt brackets, the custom Wake me seat plate, the cinch belt and the cinch feet stays and the cinch release for the rope. Do not forget to get the cases for the board and the strut also.
Old                03-24-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Who makes the adjustable foot stays...not the cinch...the ones that air freak was talking about?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
Skeeter, the ones that Airfreak is talking about are inserts in the Skyski deck. Like on wakeboards where you move the bindings towards or away from the center.

The Skyski decks can now come with a series of inserts that allow you to move the whole foot stay towards or away from the seat.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-24-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Well I don't know if they are standard or not, I thought only the LEX had them standard. Maybe they changed. Here are some pictures:

Old                03-24-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
OK. I just bought a used Air Chair and am 6'2. I felt pretty cramped learning.

Cool setup! Something to look forward to...

(Message edited by skeeter on March 24, 2003)
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-24-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
I believe you could send it in to one of the companies and have them rework it. Not sure what it would cost. Don't remember what I paid to get the adjustable foot beds. I have ridden it with the feet at one from the back and it was cramped, however, cramp can be helpful. Check out some videos of riders and see other poeple positions. Foilfreaks.com has lots of learning video if you are just getting started.
Old                03-25-2003, 5:45 AM Reply   
Thanks...already have them downloaded and watch them as much as I can.
Old                04-07-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
I dont really get on the sky ski much but I just wanted to say skeeter Bass Master Classic is the sweetest name ever