Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       10-27-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Didn't know where to put this, but I dislocated my shoulder wakeboarding, so I figure it can go in the Wakeboarding forum (plus it will get more views here...)

Anywho, I just had a shoulder reconstruction surgery and am recovering at home on the recliner. I am trying to find out if anybody has one of those ice chest cold water therapy circulators that I could purchase or borrow for the first few days. Swapping out ice is kind of a pain for my wife, and she is already doing so much for me. They're like $250 new and I really don't have the extra money for what the insurance company calls "unnecessary" and won't cover, not even partially or a rental.

I had my other shoulder worked on in the past, and seem to remember renting one, but my surgical center was only able to find the one for purchase for $250.

Of course this would be a pick-up only type of thing so I can get it ASAP and reap the benefits the first few days. I am in Canyon Lake, CA which is near the Temecula area.

P.S. Holy crap typing left handed only is the slowest, most annoying thing ever!!

Thanks,
Danny
Old     (chubbychaser)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-27-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
typing is the most annoying... apparently you haven't tried to wipe your butt left handed yet. }}
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       10-27-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
haha yeah don't worry, that was immediately after the dislocation for several weeks while we decided the course of action for surgery or not. Sucks cuz I was starting to get decent use back for everyday stuff like eating, wiping the ol' rear, typing at work, etc. Now I'm back to square one. Surgery was best though, doc said once he got in there it was way more torn away than the MRI initially showed.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-28-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
I just bought a second Breg polar care 300 unit on E-bay about two month ago. The second one was to replace the first which was hijacked by my father in-law. He liked it so much he paid for a replacement. I got my second one on E-bay for around $30.00 including shipping and handling, of course used but in great shape. I just found this one (item #290363766270) still listed with a starting bid of $9.99 shipping is $13.00 not a bad deal......
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Nice, yeah I really should have thought ahead and got one of these damn things already. I was hoping someone would have one nearby me, because once I wait a couple days for shipping, those first few swollen days will have passed and we'll have just used ice. I think I might buy one on e-bay anyway, just for any future needs. Looks like you can buy other pads also for like knee, back, etc. so it wouldn't be a bad thing to have. There is a Breg Kodiak closing in like an hour I think I'll bid on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180424575042&fromMakeT rack=true

Danny
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Done and DONE. I won't have it for these first few days, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to have one for later.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-28-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
Cool too bad you did'nt live closer or I would have told you to come by and borrow it....I always lent out my first polar care unit when I was not using it. Keep on top of the pain meds even though you feel better. I know the inflamation stays for a while and hopefully you will have your own ice machine by then. Sorry I could not help sooner.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
No worries. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Now, time for some more Vicodin and then it's sleepy timeeeeeeeeeee.