Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-03-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Is anyone surfing behind a newer Supra 22 footer? What kind of weight are you running it and where are you placing it. Any tips are appreciated. We tried this weekend with like 600-700 pounds in the rear locker (took up about 3/4 of the rear locker) and it was not rideable. Speed was around 11. At 10 the wave washed out and was like 1 foot long. Was hoping to be able to keep all the weight beneath the seats and in the locker.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-03-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
My previous boat was an SSV and we ran the 1180# sac in the ski locker as full as possible, with a 565# sac in the port side rear locker and another 750# sac on the port side seat angled half up on the rear transom. Our speed was 11mph and the Bennet Trim Tab all the way up.
Old     (03suprassv)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-04-2010, 5:10 AM Reply   
I run the stock center sac which i think is around 600lbs. Then a 400lb sac in the bow on the surf side along with a 750lber in teh rear locker on surf side. Not sure what it actually fills to but it fills the locker completly. Then 3-4 on teh surf side of the boat around 10.5 - 11 mph. If I dont have extra people we throw another 400lb sac on teh bench on the surf side.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-04-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
Slim JIM,

GOOFY OR REGULAR,???? I have a 06 moomba xlv 23 , i think its the same hull
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-04-2010, 10:29 PM Reply   
I have a 21v and this year have changed the ballast around. We have 1100 lb sac in v-drive locker (surf side) and then 2-400lb V-drive sacs on surf side rear seat. Wake plate was 50% down with speed of 10.5-11mph.

IMO, you need more weight and try adjusting the wake plate to clean the wave up.

I have tried bow weight and ski locker wt and it doesn't work for me. Start at the surf side rear corner (like you did), make changes and see what works.

Last edited by ssmith; 05-04-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
You need more weight and you typically need weight throughout. As much as you can in the back and then weight up front to draw the pocket out. Your goal is to get the entire hull of the boat to plow. If you just weight the rear, then the wake angles away from the transom abruptly and washes out.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-06-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help. I have a 22V Tige and we just toss a little less than 1000# in the rear and we get a huge wave that I can surf on no problem and I'm 240. Trying to figure it out for my friends supra. He rides regular. Sounds like we are going to have to get some more sacs. Anyone have their sacs plumbed?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-06-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
I have an 09 with EXT CAT exhust. I use 1150 bags all the way around the boat. Front is always full and so is the side we surf but we also put about 1/3 to 1/2 in the other side to sink the rear. Both sides have a tall but short pocket and are evenly matched. Since I learned to wakesurf before vdrives dominated, I learned to ride switch on the drivers side, so I often do both.
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-06-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
Pick up at least 1 "jumbo v-drive sac" from wakemakers. That sac is 1100 lbs and by adding 2 male adapters it becomes plug-n-play on the Supra. It also has a Tsunami assist valve on top to aid in faster filling. I'd buy fittings for whatever bag he has now and set it up for a Tsunami pump and put in on the back seat as well. Wakemakers can help you get the right stuff. The 1100 lb sac is $189, fittings are cheap and the Tsunami pump is $100.