Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    gobeta            05-16-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
I'm looking to buy a lakefront vacation home and wanted to know if anyone had a good recommendation? I've been to Lake Tulloch in CA, but that is getting pricy as well as being a smaller lake.

I'm primarily looking for a place in the western states. CA, NV, AZ, OR.

Thanks all!
Old    adamc            05-16-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
Okanagan lake, Kelowna, BC.

Relatively cheap if you're American.

I'll house sit for FREE in the winter months.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-16-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
Okanagan would be nice. Adam, whats Christina Lake like? I am looking for something close to an expert ski area, like Red or Fernie.

Priest Lake in Idaho is a sweet lake.
Old    adamc            05-16-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
Karl, I've never been to Christina personally, but have friends that go there fairly often, it's supposed to be just gorgeous.

Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       05-16-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
My parents are selling their Lake Front house on Eagle Lake. The house is about 1600 sq ft. 3 Bed 2 bath with a hugh loft area, hot tub. There is a large car port that was built for a motorhome so a boat with a wakeboard tower will fit. There is a small workshop (10 X 24 i think) and a small shed on the beach for gear (8 X 8 i think). I will have pics in a few days. Asking $695,000
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-16-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
K.J.,
where is Eagle Lake located?
thanks,

thomas
Old    gobeta            05-16-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'd hope to find a place within 600 miles or so from the Bay area, CA. I'll have to check out priest and Eagle lake.

Old    svlridermike            05-16-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
I live in Spring Valley Lake in Victorville. We have a great wakeboard club. Lakefront can be expensive 600k & up. I would check into a vacation home in Fort Mohave Arizona. You can get a decent place just minutes away from the water in the mid $100k. You can also get river front, but it's been going up just like every place else. It is between Needles and Laughlin. We go there when we want glass and to hang out with our good friends the Racinelli's.

(Message edited by svlridermike on May 16, 2005)
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       05-17-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
Eagle Lake is located just north of Susanville, CA. The lake the second largest natural lake in California behind Clearlake. I guess third largest if you count Lake Tahoe.
Old    wake_mom            05-26-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Chris, Lake Nacimiento is halfway between LA and SFO (just 3hrs. from SFO)We have 121 miles of shoreline and the lake is 17 miles long. There are a number of communities on the lake, the nicest is Oak Shores. We have 2 launch ramps and a private marina, we are located just minutes from the Narrows! This lake is filled will rain run off and is the fastest filling lake in california. We would be happy to show you around, anytime.

Shawn's Mom
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Nacimento is my lake...i hang out at Running Dear Ranch..the campgrounds bugg..find a friend who has a place up there and your in
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-27-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
Lake Almanor is also pretty cool. Man-made, Alpine lake. Good morning water and sometimes evenings. Lake has been low in recent years, but don't know if that will change this year. My family went there on vacation for years. Water is somewhat cold, even in the summer. I think prices there are going up as well.

Lake itself is about 5 hours from San Jose area. North east of Chico. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address& searchtype=address&cat=&address=&city=Chester&stat e=CA&zipcode=&searchtab=home
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-27-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
lake Naci's water is already near 75 Deg. like bath water
Old    meyerb            06-02-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
Lake Almanor and Eagle lake can both be very windy. I grew up going to a second home at lake almanor and I would highly recommend it. They are plannng on building a ski area very close. http://www.dyermountain.org/
Homes on lake are becoming very pricy. About 15 years ago a home on the lake would go for about $300k now the same home is about $800k-$1mil. There is an airport nearby. The place is hopping during the summer and for now, dead during the winter. Water isnt that cold like brian H says.
If you want to wakeboard the most all year around i would recomend Arizona.
Old    wakesyco            06-02-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
The only problem with Arizona there is no houses
on any lakes except private ski lakes were they have a problem with weighting your boats.
Old    w0rm            06-02-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Okanagan is a beautiful lake... Here's a couple pics I took just minutes ago from my diningroom window. I live in Penticton which is at the south end of the lake. On the south end of penticton is a second lake, Skaha... Its alot smaller than Okanagan, but still has great riding. Usually its clear blue sky with nothing but sun... not sure whats up with these clouds today

okanagan1

(Message edited by w0rm on June 02, 2005)
Old    freakyfrog2005            06-02-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Why is there not many Lakefront homes in Arizona, Larry?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
If you want to travel to Michigan, I am digging 6 engineered private, connected lakes.
Old    wake_mom            06-07-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
Lake Nacimiento, California

Beautiful

Oak Shores, Lake Front

up close and personal! Shawn's Mom}
Old     (jellydonutcwu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2005, 1:55 AM Reply   
Hey man check out lake isabella in shelton wa, its about 15 minutes from olympia and less than 2 hours from seattle. The lake is around 200 acres and there are 25-35 houses on the lake. real estate prices in the area are a lot lower than those in areas up the I-5 corridor.
Old     (jellydonutcwu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2005, 2:01 AM Reply   
Also my Dad is probably going to sell his house in the next year or so. It has something like 70 feet of waterfront. The house is 5 bedrooms, 2 baths an office and the like. There are 2 ponds and a dock though the dock should be scuttled.