Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-20-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
My friend tells me i am making the rotation 3 quarters but i am flying through the roatation without much air because i was trying to throw it without much height! Any tips! How com i cant remember anything? I am just "catching an edge because i dont have enough pop! i HAVE ONLY TRIED IT TWO TIMES IS THAT GOOD OR BAD THAT I HAVE NOT LANDED IT YET?
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-21-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
Don't throw the flip too early. Edge all the way through the top of the wake, then flip. Start your edge into the wake nice and easy and get progressively harder on edge until you explode off the top of the wake. That's the biggest key for this trick.
Old                05-26-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
im having the exact same problem. ive been told the same thing but it's not working for me. i guess i just have to wait longer. it's been bothering me all winter. ill be out on the water in the next 2-3 weeks for sure.

i would have to say, dont be afraid to get height. i think that is what is dragging me down. the roation is the easy part. ive been told as long as you edge all the way through the wake and try to get real high, you wont need to worry about making the full rotation. as you said, you are 3/4 of the way around already... forget trying to spin the rest of the way, just focus on getting more height.

i dont know if that helps lol. i cant do them yet, im no professional.
Old                05-26-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
Sometimes people get the idea that you have to be cruising fast and cutting way hard to land this trick. Alot of time getting no height is the result of comming in to fast with too hard of a cut. Try and nice easy progressive cut from no more than say 15 feet out. Ride it all the way up the wake, look for the horizon when you come out of the roll, not the water(looking at the water can throw you off balance and either under rotate you or over rotate you)