Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
I dont know why it bugs me when I see photos of some of the pro's standing with the wakeboard on and they are standing on the V-dive vinyl. I say the Pro's because I dont see anyone else doing it. Im guessing it dosent hurt anything if you do it correct and its really no big deal. I dont know why but to me it says I dont give a "F" Ill have a new boat next year and Its someone else's problem. I feel like slapping them.

(Message edited by grant_west on October 04, 2005)
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-04-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
I would have to agree with you there.. Wish I didn't have that worry!
Old     (patoloco)      Join Date: May 2002       10-04-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
While I was at The Projects in FL, I think their regular SAN's were in the shop and we were using what I assume is the backup SAN(dark blue..It was one of the pro's old boats).

Anyway...the inside looked like it had sat under a tree in the Florida sun for 2 years...vinyl ripped, carpet matted and torn, insect droppings etc. It was a shame to see such a nice boat looking like that.

Old    zboomer            10-04-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
I try not even even lay a wakeboard down on the fins on the vinyl, much less stand on one.

That being said, most pro's nowdays ride finless, and most boards are pretty smooth on the bottom, probably do no damage.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
The hardcore riders I know say it's all about the ride/wake not how good you're boat look's. I love my boat and take good care of it. I do agree most pro's don't care about the boat. The ones that do care I'm sure are owners and have paid out of pocket for a boat at some point and time
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-05-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
One thing to remember is the pro's are using their boat more in one season than the rest of us use ours in 5 years. They run them hard with lots of ballast and lots of people nearly every day. And I'd expect some take pride and good care of their boats and some trash them.

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-06-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
ouch... that is a shame to let a nice boat begin to look so awful. I make a nice big announcement at the beginning of the day to all my friends that come out for their first time about fin placement/etiquette and the vinyl haha. I know it sounds anal but I know I'm not the only one who cares about looks as well as the wake :-)

Conversely, I'm sure if I was given a new boat every year, I bet I wouldn't be very concerned about the interior and all.

Nice point Monster
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-06-2005, 11:23 PM Reply   
yeah, but, we put over 100 hrs on a friend of mines new CC sv211 this summer and it has zero tears or noticable scratches. they are just spoiled. if i was givin a new boat, it would look new years to come.
my 87 CC Martinique has nearly 1000 hours and looks very good for its age, only one rip (repaired) in the vynil, other than some seams beginning to rot.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-07-2005, 3:00 PM Reply   
Ever see what a racecar driver does to their cars? It's just equipment as far as those folks are concerned.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-09-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
At Trip Across America, the Pro's were treating the boat like crap. They were driving the boat full speed about 5 feet from the shoreline. I dont know what kind of waterways they are used to, but in Louisiana you dont do that. I guess that is why they damage a prop on the first day.