Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-07-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
On all black or navy blue gelcoat boats, does the dash board and areas behind the seats (the areas where you put your arms up when lounging) get so hot that it creates problems?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-07-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
My dash is all black. With a bimini its not bad at all.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-07-2009, 8:52 PM Reply   
VLX's^^^^ boat is so pimp with the all wrapped black dash, i wish i had it!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-07-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
on a hundred degree day in direct sunlight black gelcoat will be very very hot.

everybody has to decide this based on climate, bimini, and what you are willing to put up with, they are nice because it does not reflect into your windshield so much, like a white one can(depends on windshield shape too)

I've had both black and white, black gets hotter but it's not the end of the world although the soft underarm skin might not like it on the hot sunny day.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-08-2009, 3:41 AM Reply   
i got a black dash and my buddy has a black hull... haven't noticed an issue... (hopefully) there's a lot of water around to cool it off if need be... unless you like chilling in the boat in the drive way of course haha
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-08-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
i have an all black boat and it has never been a problem, suprisingly.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            01-08-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Daren I am from Portland too and had an all black boat like shane and it was never an issue. If I were in Arizona, it might be a different story.
What are you looking at getting and from who?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-08-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
One thing, I have light grey on my seats next to white. On a 100+ degree day, there is a HUGE difference just between those two colors. I cannot imagine what black would be like.

If it was me, I would put no black in the interior other than a bead.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       01-08-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
I have the same experience with the tan/blue on my boat. The white is never an issue, however the tan/blue will get so hot that you don't want to sit on it or lay an arm on it. I never thought the tan would be an issue but it is.

JT
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-08-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
thanks for the input guys.

Diggs - I'm in the process of moving to Denver. I need to update my profile here and on PDXwake.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-09-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Food for thought. Here is my all black dash.

Upload

Upload