Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    mendo247            05-09-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
well i wasnt planning on going this year but i might have to make the 1/2 hour drive to see the concerts every night!!

wed the 16th= STAIND (they rocked last year)

thurs the 17th= Life House And Collestive Soul

friday the 18th= Kid Rock (heard his shows are nuts)
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-09-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'm not a huge Kid Rock fan, but he GOES OFF on stage. Definitely gets the crowd going. Sounds like a good time, I wish I could go!

-Steve
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
are thoes the dates for boardstock as well?
Old     (mendomalibu)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
rich... thats sweet can't wait for boardstock. where did you get your info I need to get tickets asap...
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-09-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
tickets go on sale sunday
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
where is it going to be?
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-10-2006, 10:33 PM Reply   
clear lake same as last year
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
The only band worth seeing there imo: Collective Soul.
Old     (barefootbob)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-11-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
Yep we are going to spend the big bucks to go to Konokti for the show and compition and to show their appreciation Konocti will be charging 11 bucks for a beer and $30+ for a 12 pack of Budwiser.
Cant wait see ya their!!!!
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
Hey Robert,

Beer prices in the little store were-

$4 12oz can.
$48 12 pack of 12 oz cans.

My buddys picked up like 300 beers before the trip, then 3 guys took off. Ended up making a tidy profit off selling their beers!!
Old     (barefootbob)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-11-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
Last year we brought our own beer,we where across the way tied up to the party.picked up a friend from shore and he was steaming about how much he paied for the 12pack.Last concert we went to we paid 11 bucks a beer.
Konokti has become very gready.You would think with all the money they make they could give the working guy a break but insted the want to break the working guy.
The outdoor stadeum is a joke.You pay extra for front row seats and their is only 1 section in the middle where you can enjoy the show.The other sections are so far off to the side you cant even see the whole band.The bleachers are the best when it comes to the sound mix.
Gready bas#@***.I refuse to spend any money their.I'll bet they try to find away to charge the people tied up in the party crowed.
Still looking foward to putting my skipro right in the middle of the party tho.I hope the water is calmer this year, we might even see some good tricks.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thats horrible, those places should be fined....

Straight F_@!#&D up if you ask me, thats full on price gouging & I would bet Rob Stimmel ( owner of BS name / corp ) wouldn't be happy to here that news nor some state depts...

I know - if you don't want it - you don't have to buy it but IMO just wrong.... Suprised no one hurled a $4 can through the window...

Lzy
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
How close was it possible to tie up to the party and concert last year? Could you watch everything from the boat?
Old     (barefootbob)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-12-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Only the compition can be seen,Every now and then you could see a motorcycle jumping higher then the buildings.You got to get their real early if you want to hook up to the main cable.
Last year I had my bro on one side of my boat but on the other side was hooked up to some real ediots,could not navagate a boat,Managed to get out with out to much damage to my boat.Thats the only down fall is you have your 30+k boat tied up to others with wake's knocking things around.Bring lots of bumpers.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-12-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, I had the same problem. To many people with no respect for their boats. I actually climbed over and tied both people who were on either side of me. Not only were they greatful, but my boat was happy that no one was beating on it!! Bumpers galore, and some snug fitting lines. I had my boat on so well, it was probably the only one hold the surrounding 4-5 boats to. Everyone was tied together, but I was the only one attached to the cable!!
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-12-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Was there room to anchor away from the party line and still watch the competition?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
please....no one say "Bring it back to Shasta" or I will shoot myself.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-12-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
What about "it never should have left" or "lets close our eyes and pretend were in Shasta"?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-12-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
At least its on a figgin lake this time!!

Renee- It gets real tough to see thorugh the line of boats tied along the line. First day we got out late, and had to anchor out a bit. Sitting on the tower got us a good view though. ITs also a hassle cause of all of the boat driving around and the winds move the boat a lot. I would bring two anchors to set myself better next year.
They also keep the ends cleared so the riders have space to turn around so no sitting there.
Old    mendo247            05-12-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
from my "shore prespective" last year... it looked like a good party but kinda a cluster schmuck out there with all the boats... didnt really get the urge to take mine out there the next day..
Old     (barefootbob)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-12-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
All my pics from last year are on my home computer.
Maby when Jason come's by this thread he will post some.Hey Malibuhoo head ya out their.
Now that the winter is over and the sun is out I'm catching a cold.grrrr I hate colds,hope its gone by tuesday.