Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Tehanw215)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-02-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Has any body ever installed the pop up cleats on their sanger boat? Any instructions would be great. Is it as simple as screwing them into fiber glass?
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-02-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
I have some cleats I was going to install on my DXII, but never did (sold the boat). PM me if you're interested in buying them ... I'll share the knowledge I heard back then.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2012, 8:05 PM Reply   
No, you have to cut holes for the cleats to retract into, seal them and possibly run drain hose but I just sealed the holes that were in my cleats.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-02-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
What he said. You have to drill 2 rather large holes for the legs of the cleat to retract into. Some you have to cut a large whole the entire cleat drops into. Then you need a good solid backing plate and thru bolting. Don't want them crewed to fiber glass as these will need to hold the boats entire weight in wind, waves, etc. Then you need to run the drains, if you plug then the cleats will hold water like a cup. That can of course lead to problems if they have water sitting in there all the time. I have only replaced them and never done a virgin install, but it's a project for sure and needs to be done properly.
Old     (Tehanw215)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-03-2012, 12:23 AM Reply   
thanks guys. Hey Hate are you still running 1200 in locker and stock 500 up front?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
I am. 540 in lead and battery and 750 in water. I also have another 160 in batery on the other side which when I put those in Improved the wave all the more.

If you're staying in fresh water any water that may collect in your cleats will likely not be a problem with stainless. I figured I'd rather replace if neccessary rather than run more drain hose if a problem arose.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-03-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
I just put some into my ps205 earlier this year. Had to drill two 7/8" holes for each cleat then made a backing plate behind. Really was a pretty easy job IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
Make sure you chamfer the gelcoat around the holes you drill with sandpaper to prevent spider cracking
Old     (Tehanw215)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-03-2012, 9:04 PM Reply   
gonna order some stainless ones soon. appreciate all the tips
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-08-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
I put these surface mount pop up SS cleats on my DX
Attached Images