Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-06-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
I was starting to think about the the riders that have stayed with the same brand/team/company the longest and those who have moved around the most. Thought it would be a good discussion

I immediately thought of Murray and Zane as two rooted examples
I thought of Parks and Randall as being two who have possibly moved around most

Zane - CWB
Murray - Hyperlite

Parks - CWB, FM, Hyperlite, Ronix
Randall - Wake Tech, Obrien, Gator, Company, ???

^^think i got these right. guess the discussion could expand to include other sponsors too
Old     (corey1177)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-06-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
A lot of people are starting to switch to ctrl
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-06-2011, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1177 View Post
A lot of people are starting to switch to ctrl
Maybe, but not the well known boat phenoms that people recognize. Lidberg is the only CTRL rider I've heard of. CTRL is still firmly rooted in the cable scene, no?
Old     (corey1177)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-07-2011, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Maybe, but not the well known boat phenoms that people recognize. Lidberg is the only CTRL rider I've heard of. CTRL is still firmly rooted in the cable scene, no?
Yeah they only make cable boards. I was just saying what I know as I don't ride boat.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-06-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
Was randall on wake tech? I think he rode for sound at one point as well. I dont think murray has been with anyone besides hype. Zane prob has been with connolly/cwb for his entirety as well. I believe the valdez bros have moved around quite a bit in their short careers.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-06-2011, 11:59 PM Reply   
I can think of a handful that have had three that I'm aware of (Harf, Lidberg, Lyman, Shapiro (at least 3), Santori). Breaking to the 4's is a little more tricky, Parks and Randall that Byrom had mentioned above would have been my first quick answers. George Daniels went from Hyperlite to Gator to Byerly, if we can count Hyperlite and Byerly as separate entities. In which case, Byerly could have 4+: Whatever he was on before the Flight 69, The Flight 69, Hyperlite and now Byerly.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-07-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Lyman- Origin, J-Star, Liquid Force, Slingshot
Lidberg- Double up, Gator, J-Star, CTRL and i think there was a company before double up

Last edited by kyle_L; 11-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-07-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
Lidberg- Hyperlite, Double up, Gator, J-Star, CTRL so 5 for lidberg since 2002.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
Don't forget Thruster for Randall!
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-07-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Shane Bonifay- LF since 1996
Andrew Adkinson- CWB since 2000 or 2001 I believe.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2011, 8:24 PM Reply   
Randall probably has moved around the most and Zane I believe has been in one place the longest... thus far in their careers

As for boat sponsors, there is less movement there i bet. boat sponsor is a pretty big thing, maybe two or three switches most?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-09-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
jeremy, WAY easier to get a board sponsor than a boat sponsor. I've seen plenty of videos on here of kids that could get a board hook up if they knew what the companies really want to hear.