Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
bonnie just talked to the police about having sliders out here. they inspected the kicker and slider and said they were well built. they must be pulled in when not in use and at night unless it has marker lights. they must be 300 ft from shore. dock starts and landings are legal. basicly the sliders are cool as long as people aren't turning into the no wake zone and i put some lights on them. no prob. THIS JUST PROVES THAT NOT ALL LAKE POLICE ARE JERKS. this incident was the result of a waterskier neighbor calling them to complain. he was smirking as they drove up so we were pointing and laughing at him as the police were driving away after giving us the okay. the police said they weren't trying to ruin our fun and that they wanted us to have a good time. thank you king county police
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
Here is the police in action, yes trust me to have a camera ready...

dfasf
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
thanks sean, my neighbor tried to say he never called them. i think i'll go show them the pic now.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2003, 6:08 AM Reply   
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-08-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
Mike, thanks for all the fun yesterday afternoon!! I can't wait to see what you can build up next????
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
Mike and Bonnie, good job with the police. While never getting a ticket out there, they have never been nice to me. That is great you can keep it up all summer. Maybe we should start a donation pool from all the riders out there to keep you building things!

Can't wait to hit it when the knee gets better.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
yeah me too(stupid knee). i just got a bunch of scrap lumber but i don't have a lot of extra time right now. thinking about a 4'x20' fun box about 1 1\2' off the water next or a taller, wider rainbow rail. need pvc, that is the only costly material that i can't get. scotty d is mounting a small remote camera on the kicker tomorrow for some killer pics. i caught some guy trying to steal my ropes and bouys this morning while i was fixing the slider(plywood is on completely). he got so nervous when we rolled up on him that he got the ropes caught in his prop and had to jump in the water to untangle it while we watched. what an idiot.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2003, 10:28 AM Reply   
Let's get the ball rolling! I would like to pledge $40 to the Hillard slider/kicker fund. Seeing as we will all enjoy his efforts this summer and that he only lives 1 mile away from home depot!

"If you build it, they will come!"
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
I'll match that pledge even though I can't use them just to see Hahn eat it off the kicker....priceless!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
$80! Come everyone pony up! Mikey needs some PVC baby!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-09-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
I'm down for $20, but I am not hitting that with the Skyski!

maybe a wakeskate....
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-09-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
sean,I would love to see you hit that with the wakeskate!!! We got to get that on film.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
Only $100 bucks? Come on guys, don't be cheap!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
i think a wakeskate toy could be a good idea. funbox, wide low rail, smaller kicker. what is it going to be?
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-10-2003, 9:25 PM Reply   
I would be down for the wakeskate up the kicker but I think I will leave the slider up to someone else!!!
Old    mattameo            06-10-2003, 9:29 PM Reply   
your sliders look nice bro, i just moved at the end of last summer to sammamish and live like 15-20 from the lake. I was just curious if anyone ever need to give a kid a pull, will pitch in gas money. Im 17. I have heard about your slider and plan on hittin it up behind my jetski, peacout.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 11:11 PM Reply   
we'll see you out here matt. funk- what is that smell? pus....! are you scurred of the slider on the skate. me too... i'll invest in a cup and some bubblewrap and its on haha! so far i've yet to see some of you sacking up. you know who you are. do we need to ride doubles so i can hold your hand? hey waterboys, you can do it! your not going to let bonnie show you up are you?
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-11-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
ooohhhhhhh,that was low bro..hahaha he busted out "your not going to let bonnie show you up"!!

So who is left that hasn't hit it????
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
OK I'm Scurred by you only live once. I'll hit it next outing!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
oh yeah, you should have seen scotty d hitting johns kicker this morning. nice bails, both of them. i was going to hit it on the wakeskate but if i actually land on it that will hurt like a mo-fo. hahn- i will hold you to that. if you don't hit it then you get to wear the pink life jacket!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
Not the pink life jacket!!!!