Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-11-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
The subject was brought up in a different thread and I thought it was an important one. I can not imagine towing without any type of air assist. My primary purpose the first time I installed them was to prevent rubbing of my lowered truck but now I feel that they helped my towing experience so much that I can not have a truck without them. Everyone from mid size suvs to 1 ton trucks can benefit from these. Some vehicles have this stock (option on some GM suvs) but for those who don't:

Coil Spring application:

Upload

3/4 and 1 Ton:

Upload

1/2 Ton:

Upload

Optional but I recommend air compressor system:

Upload
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-11-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
hey Ben
do you have a link to their website?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
I had them on my dually years ago. It was a slammed 7/9 drop, with bags in rear. Towed just fine.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-11-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
This is one of the many manufactures but I think its the most widely used and respected.

http://www.airliftcompany.com/
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
I've run airbags on my duelly van hauler for 20 years. My bags were by Freightliner, and I have a modified Ford AC compressor as a high volume air supply. (not necessary but I used it with air tools) No springs other than the air bags. It has always been great towing or empty and was one of the better mods I did on the truck. Still the same bags and the only problem was one of the load control valves got a little sticky when I had the rear of the truck lowered.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-11-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
I considered this for a big boat, or heavy load, but pulling 4k lbs with half ton ram have had no problem, and my back end goes down 2 inches(which is nothing on truck). What would be the benefit with a smaller load having the air bags?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-11-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Lighter springs. Smoother ride.