Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-10-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
I second that...we usually try stay away on weekends unless you can get there at daybreak. But since it's early in the season, I think we'll try this Saturday also Ty...and hopefully this low pressure will continue to dominate (no wind). Later...
Old    redneckonaboard06            05-11-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
I will be on T- Bird sat. also. Probably get there around 2ish.
Old     (tylerstieg)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2007, 12:39 AM Reply   
Just checked the news this morning, Thunderbird is officially 5 inches below normal : )
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
skiatook which in late march was 12.8 feet low is now less than 6 inches low. yeah baby
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-13-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Hydrological report this morning:
NRMO2 :LAKE THUNDERBIRD Normal 1039.0: Current 1038.98/:

So, .02' below normal.

Anyone go this weekend? Many logs floating?
Old    redneckonaboard06            05-13-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
I didn't run around too much, but I only saw a couple pieces of debris floating. My friend did manage to mangle an ear on my prop at the boat ramp when we were leaving though.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-13-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
great news! finally the lakes are back up. Now everyone can go back to the bird..stay away from Draper!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-14-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
what's up dylan....been layin low since you got back from wake games....let me know when you guys have room for another rider...

p.s. to all the other riders out there: just follow dylan to draper if you want butter!! HA...j/k D!

anyway darrin was right...it was like the plague out there saturday! i don't know who these guys are that continue to power turn their way through the only halfway decent water on the lake...but if you're reading this...knock it off! we can all share if you would learn how. even the jet-skiers didn't bother me as much as the poly-rope...non-ridin'...power-turnin' yahoos thinkin' they needed the smoothest water to learn how to cross the wake. I think I'm typically one of the more patient members of our crew when it comes to riding on a public lake, but come on guys....it's not that hard to watch the guys who know what's up and follow their lead. it'll make everyone's day so much better. thanks....

*end rant*
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-14-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
I bet we've told 10 different boats out there about it over the years and every single time they've been like, "Oh, sorry! We had no idea"

And from then on everything was cool. Weekends are totally hopeless after 8am, though.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-14-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
We took my Mom and Grandma and a lady friend out to Arcadia yesterday and rod. There were tons of boats out there. At least with all the rain it changed the the shoreline around and gave us the opportunity for some fresh natural jibbing... My favorite was the the floating trees, but the volleyball net was fun to ollie over too and it didnt take a chunk out of your leg if you couldn't get high enough like the tree did.

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-14-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Eric, whats up man. should be going out tomorrow if i can, depending once again on my chemistry grade. if not, later this week.

i heard there are alot of dead bodies floating around draper, so if you can read this i probably would'nt go.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-14-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Dylan, the bodies are at T-bird. Do NOT go there besides all the wallys hang out there. Go to Draper where it is always butter.........You going to Atl?
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-15-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
dylan, what up. i'll probably be at t-bird tonight if this weather holds off or passes thru. good luck with the chemistry....just remember H2O and Pb....that's all you need for a killer wake!

seriously though...if anyone reading this does go to either of these lakes...please learn how to share the water...and join the movement against power-turners everywhere!

doug, i sent you an e-mail...no big deal...but we definitely need to get something going for ft. worth...that could be fun.

later...
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Doug, really wanted too but mom wouldn't let me sign up an hour before deadline because of my grades. no worries tho looks like i should be all set for Ft.Worth, this will give me some time to get a few exra tricks down.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-24-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Alright, my trip is planned. My parents built a house on Lake Eufaula out there in the southeast corner above highway 9 and close to the damn. I will be pulling my VLX out there on Aug 10th for a whole week. Not sure if i'm driving straight thru or not, but sure would like to meet up with any of you for some riding. The only riding I will get is the whole "family time" and that gets boring after a while. :-)

I'm an OU alumni (95-99) and know the area, but don't know the lake itself. It seems like you can ride anywhere on that lake and get the butter??..?? Also, if there is a contest that weekend, I would love to enter and meet/ride with all of you.

I have no idea how long the drive will "really" take, but it looks like from Mesa, AZ to the lake (going up the 40) should be about 14-17 hours.

Any advice at this point?

Thanks,
Keith
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-24-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
wow...an OU grad with an orange boat...nice! of course i'm only kidding with you, but since i graduated from OSU (circa '98), i just had to say something.

anyway...sounds like you have a great week at eufaula planned....unfortunately the big weekend for spf (one of the largest grassroots contests in the country) is the 3rd-5th. but you shouldn't have any problem finding good water out there...just be careful...by that time of year the levels could be down a bit. also, there are plenty of people on this board who have a place there or spend every weekend there, so you shouldn't have any problems finding fellow riders to meet. unfortunately, i'm not one of them so....good luck with the haul and enjoy!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-24-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
yah, I get plenty of crap from my family and fraternity bros about the Orange. However, at the time of purchase, I was a malibu rep for Hawaii and they offered me the boat they built for Boarstock 2004 (which is the one that I have). Couldn't resist. :-) :-(

Thanks
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-24-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
Hey Oklahoma!

I want a consensus from you, we were asked to put OK on the Midwestwakeboarder site to help get you on the map.

I haven't seen any activity on the OK forums in months, do you guys want me to keep this up or should I leave it to the wakeboardoklahoma page?

Just need to know before I do any additions or improvements on the state page (lots to come).

Danny, would love to partner up with you as I am a HUGE supporter of new cables going up (they are so fun.)

We could trade banners and get you some shirts for your shop.

Does OK want in on the midwest scene?

Sound off.

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-24-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
i can't speak for everyone else...but i'm not sure i would consider us part of the midwest. it seems like we are more connected with texas, missouri, and maybe northwest arkansas....anything north of st. louis is a little far...unless your going to Indy for Nationals....

just my thoughts....
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-24-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
That was our initial thoughts too but someone approached us saying that OK needed a place to call home and it was a coinflip on whether you were south or midwest.

Missouri is without a doubt midwest.

Nationals are in WI btw.

Its up to you guys, more than happy to give you a place to call and home but if its not wanted we will take it down.

Much love OK! I am def coming down to check that cable out once you get some more sliders in.

Thanks for the input Eric.
Old     (dugg_vlx)      Join Date: May 2007       05-24-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
I sure hope the rain holds off of Skiatook this weekend!
Old     (soonerboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-26-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Are they having that OKC River wakeboarding thing this year? Anyone know? I especially liked the dude who did the S-bend in novice last year. hehe
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-26-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Ya,

its June 15, 16 and 17th...

Tourny begins 10AM on Sat and Sun.

Check out www.skiokc.com for more info!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   

Danny PM.

(Message edited by mjmurphy53711 on May 26, 2007)