Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-05-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
Everyone knows to say you blew your knee walking down the stairs in your own home, not wakeboarding or any other "dangerous" activity, right?

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-05-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
never heard of that one. Interesting though. Probably depends on the verbage in each individual's policy.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
I have a policy that is designed for young people and their dangerous activities. I am also an agent & can hook you up with more info. It's perfect for us younger folks & it also has a limited dental/vision coverage. Whats nice is that it covers regular Dr. appts & Emergency room visits are only $100. Blow your knee & you just gotta cover the deductible (3 levels highest being $5k).
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
And of couse there is AFLAC for those deductables!
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-05-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
after 2 acl reconstructions 8 months appart and not being on my parents plan any more, if i want my "bad" knee to be included and have a low premium i am paying around 450 a month....getting raped but i have to have it....
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-05-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
yeah, I blew my knee out six months before I was no longer covered under my father's plan. After that, i had to pay 300.00+ (since it continued to go up) per month for that freaking cobra coverage. now that that's lapsed, I had the hardest time finding a provider, since there's still a pin in my knee. I guess they don't like that too much because there's a chance it would need to come out in the future (even though I have mine for keeps). It's been frustrating, since I haven't had any problems with that knee since early 04...