Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-04-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
So I broke my Ronix Bill board 3 weeks ago while hitting a fun box while riding a 2.0 system, and obviously since I had hit sliders and what-not with it, the warranty was void. So I picked up a new one around noon today and just now got it out of the car and took it out of the shrink wrap and noticed the base seemed different. Unless Ronix changed their manufacturing process I swear this looks to have a regular base on it. Sucks I threw out my old one already to compare it to, but it looks and feels the same as my '05 Transcend boards base. It doesn't have the plastic feel to it and it's not smooth like the one I broke. Has anyone came across this before??? Debating whether or not to make the trek back down to the pro shop tomorrow. I don't plan on using this board on sliders/kickers anymore, I keep my old Transcend for that.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-05-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
I just bought the Ronix Bill and I can tell on my board by just looking at it that it has a different base than any other board that I've owned. Mine has that snowboard plastic look and feel on the bottom.
Old    Chaserwaser            08-05-2010, 7:17 AM Reply   
Same as Jarods comment, just take it back man, the plastic wrap should say slider on it somewhere or a sticker on the board should if its a slider.
Old     (RideTheNorthwest)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-05-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
i would say take it to the shop and compare it to another bill