Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-26-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
I'm putting the options together for our new 08 boats and wanted to know if anyone has attached a 2nd set of racks to the new X Star towers? The standard racks are fine but I wanted to add a 2nd set of aftermarket racks to carry up to 8 total boards. Fusion? Skylon? Monster? Anyone know a good one that fits the X Star tower? Thanks.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-26-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
If you want a rack that will carry wake surf boards as well as wakeboards the Fly High Pro X Series Board Rack is sweet.
Fly high says it will fit on any tower, I have sold quite a few sets and all my customers that have bought them, love them.
http://www.fatsac.com/FlyHigh/FlyHighProducts.html#13
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-26-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Steve-
Once you get some board racks can you snap a picture or two for me. I would love some more racks for our x-star but I haven't seen any that would look good on the x-star in my opinion.
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-26-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Look into the z5 cargo rack/bimini. It will strap down 3 boards on top of the bimini. Check my profile pic.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
Check out the DBot5 stuff. Steve, the So. Cal. rep had some on his 07 Xstar and they look good.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-26-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
JS-
Where did you get your z5 I can't find it anywhere? Hook me up! If you don't mind me asking what'd you pay for that?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-26-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
I think you can order them through a mastercraft dealership, here is a link to a Z5:

http://mymastercraft.com/product_details.cfm?caller=PARTS&item_id=24602&pro duct=Z5-XStar&product_type=Z-5%20Cargo%20Rack&company=MasterCraft&sub_product=X-Star
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-26-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
JS ordered it with his boat I believe.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-26-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
innov8, I will definitely order something close to that as well as what Brett Yates posted. I like both.

Mark, once I figure out for sure what we are getting, I'll PM you a picture or post it on this post if it's still up and around. We are getting 3 boats so it might be January or later before I have an actual picture to show.

Thanks for the input everyone!!! Keep it coming if you have info.
Old    star_star            10-26-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
fusion I series racks line up perfectly with the pre-drilled holes in my 2005 xstar rear tower legs
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-30-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
I ordered mine through my local service department. Since it is NOT a MC product it has to be a special ordered product.

Talk with you local dealer they should hook you up. Personally I looked for a long while for the same solution for storing more boards on the boat. In my mind this was the best way to go.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-30-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Dbot5 rack on my Xstar.
Upload
Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-30-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
I have the z5 rack on my Supra...and i love it. You can store 3 wakeboards up there or, I have managed to get 2 surfers on each of the side slots and a wakeboard in the middle.It is also a good place for skates. IMO, i think it is more stylish than regular biminis
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-30-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
I know it's a pricey option, but I love the Z5 rack. I have been running one for the past 3 or 4 boats and couldn't be happier with the look and function.