Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-04-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
These receivers are comparably priced. The Alpine has 4 volt preouts vs. the panasonic which has 5 volt preouts.
Which would you recommend???
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2005, 5:04 AM Reply   
Both are good units, the panisonic might be a little easier to read in the sun, the alpine will be easier to adjust volume in the boat with the knob. The panasonic will run your amp(s) a little bit cleaner. Go with the one that you think matches the looks/colors of the boat or which you prefer
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-07-2005, 6:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason. I wanted to go with the one that will last longer in a marine environment.
Are the panasonic's good quality? I know most everyone speaks highly of the Alpines.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Some of the panasonics are very high quality some are just good. The two panasonics i have used have been very high quality.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-07-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
am i okay to assume if the panasonic model i'm looking at is a 5 volt preout vs. their other models with 2.5 volt preouts --- then it's a high quality model??
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Yes I would think you would be safe, the ones I used were 5 volt preouts.
Old     (leafster)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-07-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Alpine for sure. Panasonic makes really nice CD players and are very good value, but you can't beat the durability of an Alpine. The Alpine uses a worm-gear drive in the transport and silicon filled dampers to combat skipping. Also, most new Alpines are Sirius or XM ready, have easy hook-ups to run auxiliary sources such as Ipod. It's the way to go for a boat for sure.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-07-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
How much are you looking to spend? I just picked up a Panasonic CQ-C9800U on line for $329.00. It doesn't have the satilite radio option, but does do MP3 and has a aux input which was what I was looking for. I installed it yesterday, but don't have the amps or speakers done yet so I can't give you any sound feed back. I looks like it will be a nice deck. I like the physical looks as well.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-07-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
look into the 9827, plays mp3 and is not much more than the 25
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-07-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
spending as little as possible --
I think I can get either the Alpine or the Panasonic for about the same price. The Panasonic has a 2 year warranty vs. a 6 mos warranty.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-07-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
get the panasonic on ebay
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-07-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
Do your wallet a big favor and consider buying it here. I've had nothing but great experiences with this site. I just picked up an Alpine that plays MP3s and is an XM controller for less than $200.

Products purchased from these guys do come with a one year warranty, which is something to consider when buying from EBay